Green Logs Off from G4TechTVPost
- Comedy web is no laffer. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/25/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 56, p1
Reports on the downsizing of Comedy Central. Reasons for the downsizing of the company.
- Execs Say: we'll Miss Departing Kelly. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p2
Deals with the resignation of Kim Kelly as president and COO of cable operator Insight Communications Co. on August 22, 2003. Reason behind the departure; Views of Kelly on her resignation; Background on Insight.
- CHECKOUT AT CHARTER. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/20/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 54, p10
Reports on the resignation of Margaret Bellville as chief operating officer of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Decline in the shares of the cable operator; Salary of the executive; Executives to handle the responsibilities left by Bellville.
- CNN COO Kent to depart. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 37, p11
Reports on Phil Kent's plan to resign as Cable News Network president and chief operating officer in the U.S. Reason for Kent's resignation plans; Kent's contributions to the success of the network; Appointment of Walter Isaacson as head of news operations.
- CABLER YELLS CUT. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the reduction of the workforce of Showtime. Decline in the number of cable operators that buy Showtime; Areas in which Showtime has become overstaffed; Programming budget; Emphasis on producing original series such as 'Queer As Folk' and 'Soul Food.'
- Few smiles at CNN. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/22/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p4
Reports the employee downsizing at CNN in the United States. Reaction of broadcast companies on the Turner operation; Terms of the employee separation pay; Plans of AOL to purchase CNN partner Time Warner; Implications of internal motives for the cost-cutting moves.
- Will Eyre's departure herald a downturn for ITV? Reed, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);11/12/99, Issue 45, p18
Features industry leaders' views about Richard Eyre's departure as chief executive of ITV cable television network. Contributions made to the success of the network; Eyre's role in persuading ITV companies to increase program budgets; Challenges facing the network in its search for Eyre's...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p2
Presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the United States as of February 3, 2003. Details of the deal between cable networks company Tele-Media Corp. and technology provider Gemini Voice Solutions Inc.; Information on the resignation of Tracy Dolgin, president of the...
- More exiting CNN. // Electronic Media;1/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
Reports that many reporters and correspondents are leaving the television network Cable News Network (CNN) due to a non-renewal of their contracts by the network.