Starz Align for Clasen
- Robert Clasen. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p42
Features Robert Clasen, president and CEO of Starz Entertainment Group. Launch by Starz of marketing campaigns; Career background; Development by Starz of a broad online training program.
- MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF STARZ! // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p20
Presents a timeline of the progress of Starz Encore Media Group. Launch of the company in 1991; Demonstration of subscription video-on-demand technology in Los Angeles, California on December 2, 1999; Retirement of John Sie as president and CEO on May 7, 2004; Appointment of Robert Clasen as...
- Liberty meets '04 targets as TV ops buck ad market. Szalai, Georg; Bond, Paul; Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/11/2005, Vol. 387 Issue 20, p8
This article reports that Liberty Media Corp.'s big television operations, Starz Encore Group LLC, QVC and Discovery Communications Inc., had a strong fourth quarter that allowed them to meet full-year 2004 growth expectations despite a weak advertising market, Liberty president and CEO Robert...
- John J. Sie. // ColoradoBiz;Oct2001, Vol. 28 Issue 10, pC56
Profiles John J. Sie, chief executive officer of Starz Encore Group LLC in Colorado. Expertise on programming, marketing and technological issues; Work experience before joining the cable and satellite provider; Service on various industry committees.
- Starz Taps Former Comcaster To Help Expand Distribution. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/07/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p7
Announces the appointment of cable television industry executive Robert Clasen at Starz Encore Group. Career highlights of Clasen; Responsibilities the job requires; Background of the company; Overview of a lawsuit between Starz and Comcast Corp.
- Man of Ideas. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p22B
Profiles John J. Sie, founder, chairman and CEO of Starz Encore Group LLC in the U.S. Career background; Educational attainment; Contributions made to the cable industry. INSET: John J. Sie April 12,1936 Nanking, China.
- A Vision for the Future of TV. Sandler, Adam // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p16
Features John Sie, founder, chairman and former CEO of Starz Encore Group. Contributions to the television industry; Outlook for the industry; Personal background.
- A Career in Cable. // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p43
Presents a list of the accomplishments and milestones in the life and career of John Sie, CEO of Starz Encore Group. Migration from China to U.S.; Role in the establishment of Micro-State Electronics; Contribution in the pay television company Showtime Networks Inc.; Achievements while employed...
- Sie segues as coin woes realign Starz. Dempsey, John; Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/10/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the retirement of cable television pioneer John J. Sie from his post as CEO of Starz Encore Group LLC. Reason behind the retirement of Sie; Successor of Sie; Contributions of Sie in Starz Encore Group LLC.