Starz Align for Clasen
- Robert Clasen. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p42
Features Robert Clasen, president and CEO of Starz Entertainment Group. Launch by Starz of marketing campaigns; Career background; Development by Starz of a broad online training program.
- MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF STARZ! // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p20
Presents a timeline of the progress of Starz Encore Media Group. Launch of the company in 1991; Demonstration of subscription video-on-demand technology in Los Angeles, California on December 2, 1999; Retirement of John Sie as president and CEO on May 7, 2004; Appointment of Robert Clasen as...
- Liberty meets '04 targets as TV ops buck ad market. Szalai, Georg; Bond, Paul; Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/11/2005, Vol. 387 Issue 20, p8
This article reports that Liberty Media Corp.'s big television operations, Starz Encore Group LLC, QVC and Discovery Communications Inc., had a strong fourth quarter that allowed them to meet full-year 2004 growth expectations despite a weak advertising market, Liberty president and CEO Robert...
- John J. Sie. // ColoradoBiz;Oct2001, Vol. 28 Issue 10, pC56
Profiles John J. Sie, chief executive officer of Starz Encore Group LLC in Colorado. Expertise on programming, marketing and technological issues; Work experience before joining the cable and satellite provider; Service on various industry committees.
- Starz Taps Former Comcaster To Help Expand Distribution. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/07/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p7
Announces the appointment of cable television industry executive Robert Clasen at Starz Encore Group. Career highlights of Clasen; Responsibilities the job requires; Background of the company; Overview of a lawsuit between Starz and Comcast Corp.
- Man of Ideas. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p22B
Profiles John J. Sie, founder, chairman and CEO of Starz Encore Group LLC in the U.S. Career background; Educational attainment; Contributions made to the cable industry. INSET: John J. Sie April 12,1936 Nanking, China.
- A Vision for the Future of TV. Sandler, Adam // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p16
Features John Sie, founder, chairman and former CEO of Starz Encore Group. Contributions to the television industry; Outlook for the industry; Personal background.
- A Career in Cable. // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p43
Presents a list of the accomplishments and milestones in the life and career of John Sie, CEO of Starz Encore Group. Migration from China to U.S.; Role in the establishment of Micro-State Electronics; Contribution in the pay television company Showtime Networks Inc.; Achievements while employed...
- Made in America. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p42
Profiles John Sie, CEO of Starz Encore Group. Incidents which led Sie to the Staten Island Orphanage; Educational background; Books that changed the life of Sie; First conversation of Sie with John Malone, president and CEO of Jerrold Electronics; Sentiments of Sie towards China.