NBA's On a Cold Streak
- Fans tune in, but don't fill seats. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1A
Reports on the increase in the television ratings of the Indiana Pacers basketball team in 2002. Decline in spectator attendance at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana; National Basketball Association (NBA) teams whose games the Fox Sports Network televises; Factors influencing...
- NBA Playoffs Up on Cable. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;5/5/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the household ratings for the first round of National Basketball Association playoff telecasts on Turner Broadcasting's TNT and TBS in the 2003 season. Comparison with the previous season; Ratings for eight playoff telecasts on ESPN.
- Tube. Hiltbrand, David // People;6/19/95, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p15
Discusses how television coverage of basketball has experienced a successful season in 1994-95. How NBC achieved high ratings during its coverage of the National Basketball Association (NBA) conference championships; How basketball has attracted more viewers than baseball; Possible reasons for...
- Some serpents and apples are showing up in pro basketball's Garden of Eden. Carol, John // Sports Illustrated;03/13/1972, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p9
The article examines the 1971 report by New York advertising agency Kenyon and Eckhardt which claimed to show that basketball is the sport of the 1970s. It argues that the agency erred in predicting that basketball will surpass professional football as the preferred middle-class entertainment in...
- Hoops hit 5-year high. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/15/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 51, p6
The article reports that the 2010 National Basketball Association (NBA) Finals on June 13, 2010 earned a 7.0 rating and 18.2 million viewers.
- Pro basketball ratings rebound. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p48
Reports that the ratings for the return of the National Basketball Association were above the 1998 average, despite concern that the lockout would stuff fan interest. Ratings of Turner Network Television and TBS; Household rating of the National Broadcasting Co.; National advertising sales.
- NBA All-Star Game sets cable record. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2
Reports on record viewership of the National Basketball Association's All-Star game telecast by Turner Network Television on February 9, 2003. Total number of viewers who watched the program's telecast; Highlights of the game; Rankings assigned to the telecast.
- Preseason's Hot Shots. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;02/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
Discusses the 1999 household ratings received by the National Basketball Association (NBA) and its television outlets. Factors which reinvigorated the people's enthusiasm for the game; Plan of NBA to regionalize half of its telecasts; Details on the ratings received by NBA for various preseason...
- Ratings bounce NBA's way. Dempsey, John // Variety;03/15/99, Vol. 374 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the ratings of National Basketball Association (NBA) games in the United States. Expectations on television viewers' response to NBA games following a lockout; Average ratings in various television networks; Factors contributing to the ratings success of NBA games.