As DBS Rises, Ops Ask FCC: Set Us Free!
- Cable's Gaming Future. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p44
Provides information on video games of cable companies in the U.S. in 2004. Increase in the number of satellite TV subscribers of DirectTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in the second quarter; Reaction of Mark Hess, a senior vice president at Comcast, to the video games business of the...
- TAKING ON NO. 1. Donohue, Steve; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p1
Looks at the television and cable promotions of DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. which target Comcast Corp. subscribers in the U.S. Theme of the promotions of the cable operators; Reasons for targeting subscribers of Comcast; Components and cost of the television programming...
- There's No Coming Back From a Bad First Impression. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service provided by companies in the cable television industry in the U.S. DirectTV; EchoStar; Comcast.
- SHOWBIZ STOCKS. // Daily Variety;7/22/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the performance of entertainment industry stocks as of July 21, 2004. DirecTV Inc.; Comcast Corp.; EchoStar Communications Corp.; Fox Entertainment Group Inc.
- Reversal of Fortune. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on the efforts of Mauro Panzera, senior director of multicultural marketing of the cable unit of Comcast, in capturing the Hispanic community with its customized programming in the U.S. Competition faced by cable television networks with direct-satellite companies such as Echostar...
- Battle in the skies. Coleman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;03/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on changes made in programming EchoStar Communications and DirecTV company. Indepth look at changes made at EchoStar; National Football League and National Basketball Association programming offered by DirectTV; Cost of cable programs at EchoStar.
- When Content Was King. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p42
Reports several consolidation and merger of corporations in the United States. Combination of EchoStar Communications Corp. with the DirecTV Inc. forming EchoStar-DirecTV; Integration of Comcast Corp. with AT&T Broadband to form AT&T Comcast Corp.; Significance of the consolidation for the...
- MERGERS UNDER GLASS. P.A. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/21/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p4
Reports the plan of senator Herb Kohl, chairman of the Senate Antitrust Subcommittee to hold three hearings concerning the mega media mergers of AT&T Comcast, EchoStar-DirecTV and on broadband ability in the U.S.
- U.S. satellite homes top 10M. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/99, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the number of digital satellite receiver homes in the United States at the end of the third quarter of 1999. Reports from DirecTV and EchoStar Communications Corp.