FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Poly water tanks help eliminate/create problems? Schreier, Dave // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p46
The article examines the pros and cons of using poly water tanks.
- Where Are the Tools? // Click;Jan2016, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information several fire fighting tools including a wire cutter, an ax, and a flashlight.
- PREPARING FOR YOUR NEXT URBAN INTERFACE FIRE. Terwilliger, Michael S. // Fire Engineering;Apr2003, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p100
Features several urban interface fire apparatus. Helmet; Boots; Fire engines; Fire hose; Hand tools; Communications.
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p11
Introduces several firefighting tools and equipments in the U.S. Pros and cons of the mobile ventilation unit from Tempest Technology; Features of the Dump ∓ Pump portable folding water tanks from Firl Industries; Specifications of the Gladius flashlight from Night-Ops Division of Blackhawk...
- The safe use of power saws. Pressler, Bob // Fire Engineering;May99, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p85
Discusses the use of power saws as a firefighting tool. Transportation to the place of operation; Tasks to be completed before cutting; Methods to be used for forcible entry to locked buildings.
- THE PORTABLE AIR MANIFOLD. Frank, Don // Fire Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p106
Focuses on the development of a low-profile air manifold to aid with low-pressure pneumatic tools and equipment operation used in fire trucks. Integration of adjustable pressure regulators with gauges and locking quick-disconnect sockets; Capability of the device to operate multiple tools from...
- Did You Receive Your Spring 2006 Firefighting Catalog? // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article introduces several firefighting equipment released in 2006. JackStrap has been designed by FRC Group. Akron Zero Torque Nozzles is offered by Akron. W.S. Darley & Co. designs new ring saws, coring drills, shoring products and hand tools.
- FIGHTING FIRE FROM HEAD TO TOE. Spurgeon, Ruth L. // Appleseeds;Nov2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information on the various equipment used by the firefighters. The fire helmets worn by firefighters have a face shield which protect them from tumbling articles, blazing cinders and fuming water. Self-contained breathing apparatus with alarms on them are used when there is...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p186
Features several fire extinction equipment and supplies. Fire truck; Leather footwear; Portable liquid supply line; Nozzles; Smoke ejector; Battery protector; Horizontal high-pressure breathing air compressor/purification systems; Flashlight.