RESCUE & EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p153
Features several fire extinction equipment. Hot Stop1500 rescue blanket stretcher; Swivel series front suction elbows; Ziamatic Safety and Jerry Can mounts.
- THE CUTTING EDGE: CORDLESS RECIPROCATING SAW. Siegel, Gary // Fire Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p121
Provides information on the battery-powered cordless reciprocating saw, a tool that can be used in fire fighting. Operation and lubrication; Saw blades; Battery recharging; Cutting uses.
- Products: Services, media. // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p121
Lists several innovative products used for fire extinction in the United States. Trailer Mounted Breathing Air System from Eagle Compressors Inc.; Pyro Blanket from Ponthome Products Inc.; Flex-pak Body Hugging Radio from Earmark Inc.; CPR Prompt Propak Practice System from County Line Limited;...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;May2002, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p116
Presents several products and services for fire management in the U.S. Usability of Hale torrent SVS valves; Causes for the demand of fire service severe-duty applications; Introduction of citimedic type III ambulance by Wheeled Coach Industries.
- BEFORE HELICOPTERS: BLIMPS FOR WILDLAND FIREFIGHTING?. Brown, Hutch // Fire Management Today;Fall2001, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the fire management tool for wildland fire detection in the United States. Implications on the use of aircraft for equipment transportation; Limitations on the use of blimps; Prefiguration on the use of helicopters.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;May2002, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p115
Features several equipments for fire management in the U.S. Usability of cyclone II chassis; Introduction of Hypro Foam Pro 2001 Class A foam system; Inclusion of the Robinson rollup compartment doors.
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Fire Engineering;Apr2003, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p117
Features several products related to fire management. Speedway cutter; Nitrile examination glove; Thermal imaging camera; Engine exhaust removal system; Self-contained rescue tool.
- Simple saw starting. Ciampo, Michael N. // Fire Engineering;Jul98, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p20
Discusses a method that teaches firefighters how to start a saw, an equipment used for fire extinction. Standard saw starting position; Description of the baseball catcher's stance; Benefits of using the method.
- The safe use of power saws. Pressler, Bob // Fire Engineering;May99, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p85
Discusses the use of power saws as a firefighting tool. Transportation to the place of operation; Tasks to be completed before cutting; Methods to be used for forcible entry to locked buildings.