Responder Tool Aids Oregon In Wildfire Notification, Evacuation
- Fire Service-Based EMS Made Easier. Deardorff, Chad // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/13/2012, p10
The article shows the advancements on fire-based emergency management systems (EMSs). The International Association of Fire Chiefs and the International Association of Firefighters backed fire-based EMSs due to their capabilities that speed up response times of firefighters. Fire departments all...
- FIREFIGHTER SURVIVAL TRAINING: FROM REACTIVE TO PROACTIVE. Lasky, Rick // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p117
Focuses on the significance of training for firefighters in order to improve the efficiency of firemen in fire management. Disadvantages of improper training of firefighters; Difficulties encountered in firefighting; Considerations in order to counter the challenges.
- GREASE DUCT FIRE LEADS TO STRICTER CODE ENFORCEMENT. Foley, James M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p101
Focuses on the effort of the City Fire Department in controlling fires in their jurisdiction in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Overview of the fire incident in Tropicana Casino Hotel as caused by negligence on the part of employees; Requirements that the Department implemented for establishments...
- PREVENTION AND EDUCATION TEAMS--A VALUABLE RESOURCE. Funk, Jim // Fire Management Today;2013, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p29
The article discusses the significance of having a wildland fire prevention and education team (WFPET) as an effort where the team listens to the agency, develops an agreed upon strategy, and implements the plan. It cites the role of the team assisting the effort by keeping surrounding...
- Family Fire Safety. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p7
Presents a family fire safety reminder for homes.
- The readers comment ... // Fire Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p18
Presents several comments on issues related to fire services around the world. Includes a debate in Australia about using elevators to evacuate people with disabilities; Comparison of effectiveness between a 1/2 and 1 3/4-inch hose; Proper use of positive-pressure ventilation in ensuring fire...
- PRECONNECTS, PART 2: HOSE LOADS. Gustin, Bill // Fire Engineering;May2002, Vol. 155 Issue 5, p69
Examines the effectiveness of selecting a preconnect hoseloads. Types of hoseloads; Advancement of fire management; Emphasis of the cardinal rule for preconnects.
- FIRE 21. // Fire Management Today;Fall2001, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the Federal Fire policy of fire management. Achievement on ecosystem sustainability; List of projected fire management on Fire 21; Meaning of Fire 21 symbol.
- PROTECTING COMMUNITIES THROUGH THE NATIONAL FIRE PLAN. Rains, Michael T.; Hubbard, Jim // Fire Management Today;Spring2002, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Reports the development of the National Fire Plan report aimed at reducing the impacts of fires on rural communities in the U.S. Promotion of fire management planning; Maintenance of a cost-effective level of preparedness on firefighting; Improvement in the sustainability of forests and...