APPARATUS & COMPONENTS
- Campus cover. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the winning of a three year contract for the fire alarm and emergency lighting systems at the University of Sussex by Chubb Fire Ltd. in Great Britain.
- Emergency lighting scheme. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the British Approvals for Fire Equipment (BAFE) approval scheme that will be integrated to the series of approvals covering fire detection and alarm systems, and fixed gaseous fire suppression systems in Great Britain. It mentions that the scheme is intended for companies...
- MIC chosen for sheltered housing. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p41
The article reports that Mineral Insulated Cable from AKI Cables bas been chosen for the fire alarm and emergency lighting system in a major refurbishment of elderly persons' sheltered housing in north Wales. The fully addressable analogue alarm system used more than 200 devices on 18 floors and...
- MODULAR CERTIFICATION SCHEME LAUNCH. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the BAFE Modular Scheme, a modular independent certification scheme for fire alarm and fixed fire suppression systems launched by stakeholders of the fire prevention industry. List of speakers at the launch of the certification scheme; Recipients of the BAFE Modular Scheme;...
- National FIRE PREVENTION WEEK October 2-8. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);10/ 6/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 40, p6B
The article offers information on fire prevention which includes having a smoke alarm, checking electrical appliances and wiring, and using of fire-resistant materials on the roof and exterior structure of the dwelling.
- Stay Safe From Fire! // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Oct2007, Vol. 28, p2
A photo essay which offers tips on how to stay safe from fire is presented.
- SECOND OPINION. Gozzard, Lorna // PRWeek (London);4/27/2012, p25
The author remarks on the campaign of the Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) to encourage people to test their fire alarms.
- Making fire alarms pay for themselves. Nielsen, Robert D. // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p101
Describes the partnership of fire departments and communities in fire prevention in the village of Oak Brook, Illinois. Problems with fire alarms; Monitoring service; Fire suppression systems.
- Preplanning Building Hazards. Brannigan, Francis L. // Fire Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p135
Presents a picture essay involving the preplanning for building construction for the fire service.