- By any other name. Newman, Bruce // Sports Illustrated;10/19/92, Vol. 77 Issue 16, p10
Looks at a unique computer program developed by a television sitcom writer, John Vorhaus. Extracts `secret meanings' of several sports names; Turns them into anagrams; Marge Schott means Smog Chatter; Moses Malone means Slam Someone; Secretariat means Tastier Race; Others.
- All in a paddy. Murray, Nicholas; Marriot, John // New Statesman & Society;12/16/94-12/30/94, Vol. 7 Issue 333, Blairway to Heaven p21
Presents a list of new words that are based on the names of famous people in 1992. Paddy; Cresson; Dalyell; Lamont; Boycott; Adie; Heath; Major; Waite; baker; Ingrams; Paxman.
- Entries added in 1994. Herbertson, Watson; Hopkins, Tim // New Statesman & Society;12/16/94-12/30/94, Vol. 7 Issue 333, Blairway to Heaven p22
Presents a list of new words based on famous people's names in Great Britain for the year 1994. Thatcherite; Damienhirst; Cook; Gummerism.
- What's in a name? // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep93, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p91
Presents a list of unusual physician names which was adapted from an article in the December 2, 1992 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. Dermatologist named Rash; Rheumatologist named Knee; Physicians named Kidney, Tongue, Blood and Stool; More.
- No. 12: The Top Five Baby Names Of 2025. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Aug2010, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p102
A joke about baby names is presented.
- Don't call me Gerald. Dumas, Gerald // Smithsonian;May99, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p144
Gripes about the name Gerald. Mystery of the popularity of the name; Personality suggested by the name; Use of names that describe the person.
- Pushinsky against LaBombard. K.Z. // American Enterprise;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p112
Presents a humorous essay on people whose occupations fit their names. Includes attorneys John Pushinsky and John Argue; Congressional press secretary Willy Waffle; Washington D.C. Psychiatric Institute director Lawrence Brain; Air Force colonel Alan DeFend; Kansas legislator Darlene Cornfield.
- Name that Macintosh. Mello, Adrian // Macworld;Aug1993, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p27
Examines the naming system used by the Apple computer company. Apple-related names; Roman numerals and alphanumeric combinations; Latin-sounding words; Codenames.
- Laugh Lines. McCadden, Kellie; Elliot, Janet; McKew, Jackie; Kell, Colleen; Reitzel, Veronica; Gibson, Carolyn // Teaching Pre K-8;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p82
Presents humorous experiences of elementary teachers from the U.S. Outcome of a quiz about matter; Response of a kindergarten about her full name; Misconception of students about raccoon's rabies.