- Upholstery warms up. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p1
The article focuses on the reaction of buyers on the trade show of upholstery trade in the U.S. There are more complaints about the timing of the show than about attendance, with several manufacturers saying dates should be earlier to take advantage of tax refund season, when promotional...
- Stationary upholstery fights for traction. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;10/25/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p14
Discusses the market approaches used by stationary upholstery makers during the High Point market in North Carolina. Dominance of the market's hedge mentality due to low retail confidence; Increase of sales for Rowe attributed to premarket media exposure; Offer by Ashley's of room package...
- Chinese leather raises the bar on price, quality. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;10/25/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p25
Cites the U.S. market reaction with regards to the promotional pricing strategies from high-quality leather upholstery imported from China. Price ranges; Constructional differences between U.S. and Chinese leather furniture; Claim by local U.S. manufacturers of the better cost-per-value of...
- Upholstery makers eager to stoke fall uptick. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;9/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the seller promotion of stationary upholstery makers in the U.S. in an effort to improve sales for the second half of 2003. Introduction of collections with occasional pieces by BenchCraft Inc.; Focus on sectionals with offerings in transitional and casual contemporary by Style Line...
- Top mark for Multiyork. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p5
Reports on the award given to Multiyork by the Worshipful Co. of Furniture Maker's Guild Mark for its upholstery. Appreciation fro Peter Mallinson, the company's chief executive officer, on the award; Significance of the award in giving recognition to the company; Impact of this recognition on...
- Alan White Takes Vegas Space. // Home Textiles Today;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p44
Reports on the lease agreement signed by the Alan White Co., an upholstery manufacturer with facilities in Mississippi and Alabama, for a showroom in the second building of World Market Center Las Vegas in Nevada. Location of the building; Comment of Keith Feuerhaken, executive vice president of...
- Fabrics go monochrome. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;06/18/99, Issue 5142, p4
Reports that upholstery company Orior by Design has added a collection of fabrics to its existing ranges.
- Trading up. Young, Helen // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p12
Details the growth of upholstery trade in Great Britain in fiscal 1997. Sales performance of major upholstery companies; Growth in the popularity of motion upholstery; Increase in the demand for sofabeds; Increase in the sales of leather upholstery.
- Salvo says. // Cabinet Maker;04/03/98, Issue 5082, p6
Focuses on the performance of the specialist upholstery retail market in Great Britain. Pricing of upholstery in the market; Status of independent operators.