Landmark boss scotches Furnitureland rumour
- Landmark puts for sale sign on English stores. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p1
Reports that Great Britain-based Landmark has abandoned the retail furniture sector and has put all its English stores up for sale. Criticism of Landmark's departure from the furniture retail sector; Amount of goods removed from the Cardiff Kingsway store.
- Parkinson slams Landmark critics. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/13/98, Issue 5114, p4
Reports on Landmark Chief Executive Officer Malcolm Parkinson's challenge to critics of the furniture retail chain in Great Britain. Parkinson's comments on Landmark's finances; Expansion plans of the company; Acquisitions.
- Landmark gives Dorset a store opening treat. // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p33
Reports on Landmark's celebration of the opening of its store in Bournemouth, England. Discount offers for customers.
- Landmark. // Cabinet Maker;05/19/2000, Issue 5188, p11
Evaluates the furniture store of Landmark at 1 Seafield Road in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Making a mark. Vines, Lucy // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p16
Reports on Landmark chairman Malcolm Parkinson's expansion plans for the British furniture retailer. Company's acquisition of 12 stores from Essex Furniture in 1998; Lack of a Landmark presence in the Midlands/Northern region of the country; Creation of a new identity and internal store look for...
- Landmark: orders still outstanding. // Cabinet Maker;10/13/2000, Issue 5209, p4
Discloses Landmark's admission of a delay in the delivery of orders, with customers waiting for furniture they ordered since January 2000.
- Tide turns in favour of New Year's Day opening. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p4
Reports that the furniture stores of Furnitureland, Uno and Harveys will be open on January 1, 2000.
- Mystery Shopper: Manchester. // Cabinet Maker;4/5/2002, Issue 5281, p10
Presents a chart depicting an evaluation of the customer relations in several furniture stores in Manchester, England. Announcement of the victory of the Furnitureland; Observations of the services to customers; Presentation of the stores visited.
- Furnitureland sales up 14%. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p3
The article presents information about Furnitureland Inc., which has reported a 14 percent rise in sales since December 26, 2004, bucking the downturn in the retail furniture sector. Steve Adams, joint managing director of the company, said that the furniture industry was in danger of talking...