Indexes Keep Rising, Thanks to Heavy Supply, Treasury Slump
- Munis Finish Higher After Treasuries Rally. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32273, p2
The article focuses on the impact on municipal bond prices and yields in response to a surge in Treasuries. The up-trend was ignited by bond-friendly productivity, housing data and labor cost. Treasuries carried higher when the Labor Department stated that unit labor costs fell by 1% in the...
- Municipals Firm in Quiet Trading, Ending $7.9B Week of New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p2
Reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Impact of the growth of gross domestic product on the bonds market; Estimates on the total amount of lost bond funds; Comparative level of outflows and inflows taxable bond funds.
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p2
The article reports that participants in the municipal bond market in the United States have mixed emotions as fourth quarter gross domestic product growth came in weaker than expected in 2005. The Commerce Department supported the government bond market when it reported real gross domestic...
- Munis Finish Mixed; Buyers Stay on Sidelines Ahead of Eventful Week. Johnson, Anastasija; Bill Curran // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Level of bond prices in the municipal bond market; Consumer sentiment index; Growth in gross domestic product in the third quarter of year 2004.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Prices Rise Slightly on Bond-Friendly Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32285, p2
The article reports on developments in the tax-exempt municipal bond market in the United States. The Treasuries increase due to reports of weaker-than-expected consumption growth and inflation. According to traders, prices increase and yields decline by two basis points and four basis points in...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, Aug. 27. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p2
Reports on prevailing prices in bond market in the U.S. as of August 27, 2003. Information on prices of government securities; Appraisal of the municipal bond index; Monthly change in bond prices.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32781, p32
The article presents bond and Treasury markets statistics in the U.S. in 2007 including U.S. securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, and municipal bond prices.