Small Texas School District to Ask Voters to OK $24.6M of Bonds
- SOLUTIONS CENTER. Lustig, Susan // American School & University;Oct2004, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p12
Answers questions regarding school maintenance and expenses in the U.S. Factors that affect the amount of square feet of school buildings maintained per custodian; School districts which have the lowest per-pupil expenditures.
- Arizona Schools Keep Grip on Bonds as Repair Funds Frozen. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32959, p3
The article reports on the hesitation of school districts in Arizona to use their own bond funds for maintenance projects as the state funds for school repairs delay in a middle of a severe budget crisis. The Tolleson Elementary School District in Phoenix have given $80,000 to repair a sewer...
- The Kindest CUTS? Sturgeon, Julie // District Administration;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p45
Looks at alternatives to solve the problem of maintenance cuts facing school districts in the United States. Consequences of maintenance cuts; Success of Portland Public Schools' Community Care Day; Advantages of the team cleaning concept at Academy School District in Colorado Springs, Colorado;...
- BIG SPENDERS IN VEGAS. // American School & University;Jun2008, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that the fifth-largest school system in the U.S., Clark County district, will need $9.5 billion funding to accommodate student population and modernization needs for the next 10 years in Las Vegas, Nevada. The district said that based on projections, it will need around $5.2...
- Colorado Springs District Selling $128M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32295, p4
The article presents information about the issue of general obligation bonds worth $127.6 million by school district number D-11 of Colorado Springs, Colorado. The issue of the bonds has been delayed as officials waited for voter approval to make debt service payments on the bonds. In the...
- Status quo. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Apr97, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p16
Presents data on school maintenance and operations budgets at public school districts in the United States. Maintenance staff; Per-student expenditures for custodial and maintenance payroll; Maintenance and operation cost per square foot; Expenditures on school transportation.
- Districts in Virginia depend on portable classrooms for needed space. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/18/2012, p4
The article reports that Virginia school districts have adopted portable classrooms to accommodate excess students and allow the continued renovations of school buildings.
- Proposed Houston bond issue would focus on high schools. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/22/2012, p4
The article reports on the bond package that would be granted to renovate or rebuilt the aging high schools in the Houston, Texas school district.
- Monroe County, N.Y., districts have an estimated $1 billion in school facility needs. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;9/11/2012, p2
The article reports on the estimated one billion U.S. dollars in repair and renovation needs of school buildings in Monroe County, New York, based on building condition surveys filed by local school districts with the New York State Education Department.