Maine Turns to Garvees to Finance Bridge Construction
- The Battles of the Mooringsport Bridge. Laborde, Errol // Louisiana Life;May/Jun2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the vehicular Mooringsport bridge which constructed by the Midland Bridge Co. in Louisiana wherein the bridge has a vertical lift that allow oil equipment to pass in.
- 'This bridge is an absolute necessity'. Reynolds, Matthew J. // Slovak Spectator;5/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the construction of Kosicka Bridge, the four-lane fifth bridge that may alleviate traffic problems in Bratislava, Slovakia. Bridges that commuters will use while the project is underway; Total budget for maintenance and construction of traffic links that Bratislava receives annually...
- NEW YORK: Tappan Zee's $700M Note. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;9/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33979, p9
The article informs that the New York Thruway Authority will sell a 700 million U.S. dollar bond anticipation note for building a new 3.9 billion U.S dollar Tappan Zee Bridge.
- OKLAHOMA: DHS Gets $23M Bond Nod. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32766, p9
The article reports that the Oklahoma Council of Bond Oversight has approved a request by the state Department of Human Services (DHS) to issue up to $23 million of revenue bonds for projects in Tulsa, Ada, and Sapulpa. The Oklahoma Development Finance Authority will lease the buildings to DHS...
- Five new bridges to increase access to southeastern Lesotho. Boshoff, Jody // Civil Engineering (10212000);Mar2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p49
The article describes the architectural design of five new bridges in Lesotho intended to improve the road network of the country's southeatern portion. The bridges include Senqunyane River bridge, Senqu River bridge, Mohlapiso River bridge, Sebapala River bridge and Qhoali River bridge. The...
- UK Project Management Round Up. Shepherd, Miles // PM World Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p1
The article offers update on the economic development projects in Great Britain as of December 1, 2014. Crossrail have launched a long temporary road bridge over the Great Western Main Line. China government will invest on the rail projects in Great Britain. Didcot B power station will keep the...
- PEACE BRIDGE BORDER UPGRADES NOW ENTERING PHASE TWO. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Jun2005, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the construction of Phase Two of the border enhancements at the Peace Bridge in Canada. Aid of the construction in improving the Canadian Border Plaza at the Peace Bridge; Goal of the project in reducing border congestion and expand capacity at the crossing; Total amount allocated for...
- New York State Thruway Sr Liens Downgraded to A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article informs that the company Moody's Investors Service as of November 2013 has downgraded to A2 from A1 the senior lien revenue bonds of the New York State Thruway Authority (NYSTA). The downgrade ensures the expected issuance of a potentially significant amount of junior lien...
- Michigan Bridge Study: Covenants Would Protect Taxpayers; Costs May Rise. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;9/21/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33586, p4
The article reports on an independent study which claims that the proposed bond covenants to build a publicly funded bridge would protect taxpayers if the fall revenues will not meet the expectations in Michigan.