It's Rossi, By a Nose
- Gregoire Named Washington Governor. Ketemen, Jasnima // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p30
The article reports that fifty-eight days after the election, Washington's Secretary of State Sam Reed certified on Thursday the results of an unprecedented third vote count that declared Democrat Christine Gregoire the victor over her Republican gubernatorial opponent by 129 votes. Local press...
- SNAPSHOTS: Washington Governor. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;12/8/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p21
The article reports that after a machine recount, Republican Dino Rossi was declared the winner of the November gubernatorial election in Washington state last week. He edged out Democrat Christine Gregoire by 42 votes out of 2.8 million cast--the closest vote for that office in the state's history.
- Gregoire election certified. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/13/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, pA2
Reports that the Washington legislature certified the election of Democrat Christine Gregoire as the state's governor after her campaign against Republican Dino Rossi ended with statewide machine and hand recounts of ballots.
- Rossi vs. Murray. // Human Events;10/11/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 35, p16
The article reports about the U.S. Senate race in Washington State between Republican nominee Dino Rossi, a former state senator and three-term Democratic Senator Patty Murray.
- Rossi To Challenge Murray In Washington. Edaburn, Patrick // Moderate Voice;5/24/2010, p9
The article reports on the announcement made by Dino Rossi of the Republican Party regarding his plan to run for the U.S. Senate against Democrat Patty Murray.
- Rossi Concedes. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32151, p35
Reports on the acknowledgement of Republican challenger Dino Rossi in his defeat for the 2004 election race for governor for the state of Washington. Decision not to appeal the ruling of Superior Court Judge John Bridges upholding the election of Democrat Christine Gregoire; Explanation of Rossi...
- Try, Try Again. // National Review;2/14/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p16
Offers a look at politics and government in Washington State as of February 14, 2005. Details of voting controversy in the gubernatorial race between Dino Rossi and Christine Gregoire; Report that Gregoire defeated Rossi after a recount of votes; Decision of Rossi to contest the election results...
- Washington Judge Upholds Gov. Gregoire's Victory. // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p4
The article informs that a U.S. Superior Court judge yesterday upheld the election of Democrat Christine Gregoire as governor. In an oral ruling from the bench, Judge John Bridges rejected the lawsuit filed by the state Republican Party on behalf of its defeated candidate, Dino Rossi. Gregoire...
- Washington's Race for Governor Goes to Recount. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p4
Reports that Washington's race for governor is headed for a mandatory recount after Republican underdog Dino Rossi squeaked ahead of Democratic Christine Gregoire by a mere 261 votes. Indication that either political party might challenge the results with a lawsuit; Possible delay in the...