- Jefferson County's Sewer Debt Plan Raises Questions for Alabama as Well. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/16/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32983, p8
The article reports on the impact of queries raised for the sewer debt restructuring plan in Jefferson County on concerns over Alabama's other credits. Executive Matt Fabian said that because the plan entails a massive debt repudiation, the investments in the state carry substantially more risk...
- Adviser in N.Y.'s bankruptcy struggle: Key players should unite. Walsh, Dustin // Crain's Detroit Business;8/5/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p0024
An interview with former New York Governor Hugh Carey's adviser and present special adviser to the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of advisory firm Lazard Freres & Co. LLC, Felix Rohatyn, is presented. He talks about the near bankruptcy of the New York government in late 1975. He...
- A Credit Concern. Gasparino, Charles // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);9/19/2005 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the financial impact of Hurricane Katrina and how John Kennedy, Louisiana's State Treasurer, is trying to avoid municipalities defaulting on about $10 billion in debt and declaring bankruptcy. Possibility that the federal government will create a relief fund to help localities cover...
- Treasury Surveys Dealers on 30-Year. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p2
Reports on the issuance of a questionnaire to the top 23 bond dealers of the U.S. Treasury Department with the suggestion to reintroduce the 30-year bond at its three refunding announcement in August. Estimate on the number of borrowers; Benefits of the move to the dealers; Issuance of the...
- N.Y. Gov. Pataki Reducing Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p2
Reports on New York State's plan to eliminate its high-cost state debt and increase pay-as-you-go funding.
- Window Of Opportunity. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/10/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the finances of Lebanon in 2003. Implications of the release of net public sector debt of Lebanon; Public debt in 2002; Recommendations from the International Monetary Fund.
- NOTES AND COMMUNICATIONS. Maastricht, Beyond // De Economist (0013-063X);Dec2001, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p509
Examines the monitoring of the sustainability of public finances in the European Union countries. Indication of public debt; Identification of national budgetary policy; Importance of the distribution of income.
- GLOSSARY. // Treasury Bulletin;Sep2012, p108
A glossary of jargon related to public finance and debt is presented.
- Debts to history. // New Internationalist;May99, Issue 312, p26
Analyzes the rise of public debt in capitalist countries. Funding of the Crusades by merchants in European-city states; Repayment of loans in nation states; Borrowing of newly independent government in the Americas; Public increases resulting from the two European wars.