Former Wayne County. Mich.. Auditor Files Lawsuit Seeking Reinstatement
- Brownell's Error. // New Republic;8/13/56, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p4
This article focuses on the some democratic and legal errors pointed out in Attorney General Herbert Brownell's formula for reinstating government employees improperly removed from non-sensitive jobs as security risks. Under the compulsion of a Supreme Court decision, Brownell has announced that...
- Suspended Blackfeet leader sues for reinstatement. VOLZ, MATT // Native American Times;1/25/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that a suspended member of the Blackfeet Tribal Business Council filed a lawsuit for reinstatement.
- You be the Judge. Schorr, José // Saturday Evening Post;10/11/1958, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p116
Presents information on a court case filed by a policeman for reinstatement after he was suspended by his captain for disobeying to park his personal car away from the parking space around the police station. Claim of the policeman about his personal rights; Reason of the court for favoring the...
- Third parties win Battle of 55 Water St. HILL, DAVID // Hill;8/10/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 118, p12
The article reports on the success of the third parties of the Battle of 55 Water Street in winning their debt battle against the government in the U.S.
- 5,983 cases on public officers opened by MACC. // Malay Mail;6/29/2012, p6
The article reports on the opening of 5,983 cases filed against public officials by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
- Wayne County is complex corporation. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;09/29/97, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p47
Presents an interview with Brendan Dunleavy, who was appointed auditor general of Wayne County by the Wayne County Commission. Background information on Dunleavy.
- City officials in Yonkers, N.Y., last week presented a federal judge with a plan designed to resolve the city's longstanding school- and housing-desegregation case. // Education Week;6/17/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p3
The article reports that city officials has introduced a plan designed to settle the long-standing school and housing-desegregation case in Yonkers, New York.
- Legal Notes. Helfat, Jonathan N.; Kohn, Richard M. // Secured Lender;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p90
The article offers information on several court cases involving secured lenders. The decision for the Peoples Community Bank v. Helms case shows that suspicions of borrower fraud will not invalidate a lender's security interest. In order for lenders to avoid situations like the Host America...
- EnerDel parent hit with suits from investors. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p7A
The article reports on the plan of filing a case from three of complaints against Indianapolis, Indiana-based advanced-battery maker EnerDel Inc. for misleading investors including Think, an automobile assemble in Elkhart, Indiana about its financial condition.