Fed-Fueled Inactivity Led to Net Gain of Zero in October
- Bond, money market funds surge as investors seek to equity balance. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;04/19/99, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p38
Reports on the favorable performance of bond mutual funds in the United States in 1998. Growth in net sales from 1997; Traditional stock funds' seeing of greater relative sales growth in their bond funds that in their stock funds; Favorable performance of money market funds; People's use of...
- Stock funds saw $11 billion outflow in August. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/5/98, Vol. 102 Issue 40, p65
Reports on the drop in United States mutual funds' combined assets in August 1998, according to data by Investment Company Institute. Net outflow by stock mutual funds; Record inflow by money market mutual funds; Hybrid funds; Taxable and municipal bond funds; Long-term mutual funds.
- Bond Funds. Johnson, Patrice D. // Money;Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p170
Ranks the three-year performance of several bond funds as of September 1, 2000. United States government, investment-grade corporate, high-yield corporate, and tax-exempt funds; Total return for one and three years; Yield.
- Tax-Exempts Up $457M, Taxables Down $70M. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p36
Reports that tax-exempt money market funds experienced an inflow of $456.8 million as the weekly asset totaled $297.57 billion in the U.S. for the period ended May 17, 2004, according to IMoneyNet Inc.
- February Gains in Total Net Assets Modest Compared to January. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32601, p6
The article reports on the survey conducted by Investment Company Institute which reveals that the total net assets of municipal mutual funds and tax-exempt money market funds shows upward growth in 2007. Mutual fund tracker unveils that the 709 municipal bond funds in the survey saw total net...
- Bonds telling good story. // Finweek;10/9/2008, p63
The author reflects on the economic performance and investment potentials of unit trust funds in the South African market. He discusses the potential investments between specialty trust funds and bond unit trust funds. Unless investors are well-informed in the money market sector, the author...
- Investment in Stock and Bond Funds Strong in November. // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p1
The article presents an asset international company Strategic Insight's review concerning inflows of 53 billion dollars for stock and bond funds for November 2014. Topics discussed include positive average one-month returns of stock and bond funds in asset classes, strategies of international...
- Mutual Fund Assets Dipped 1.6% in April. // American Banker;5/31/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 103, p11
Reports that assets in U.S. mutual funds declined from March to April 2005. How net inflow to long-term stock, bond, and hybrid funds declined significantly; Statistics related to the decline.
- Stock Funds Grew; Bonds Shrank in July. // American Banker;9/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 168, p5
This article presents information about changes in value of investment products in the U.S. in July 2003. Mutual fund assets grew 0.8% to $6.87 trillion, according to the Investment Company Institute. Stock funds had $21.38 billion of inflows during the month, up from $18.63 billion in June....