Oregon Governor's Budget Avoids Tax Hikes,. Rejects Deficit Bonds
- Across the Far West, Governors' Speeches Are Tales of Woe. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/20/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33044, p4
The article reports on the state of the state speeches of governors concerning their state budgets in the U.S. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger emphasizes the budget deficit faced by the state, noting that it would reach to an estimated $41.5 billion. Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons...
- Correction. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Presents a corrected reprint of an article concerning the campaign manager of Governor Ted Kulongoski.
- Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty Outlines Plan to Eliminate Projected Shortfall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p29
The article reports on the plan to cut spending in Minnesota which was outlined by Governor Tim Pawlenty. The spending is dip into reserves to eliminate a projected $935 million shortfall in the state's current two-budget cycle. Pawlenty explained that the plan balances the budget without adding...
- Who will fight for NY's future? // Crain's New York Business;4/6/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p10
The article reports that people of New York are not happy with the budget alloted for them in March 2009. As reported, the state increased spending by $10 billion, at a time when revenues are falling, by using $7 billion in federal stimulus money and imposing more than $7 billion in tax...
- ESPECIAL PRESUPUESTOS 2012. // Estrategia Financiera;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 294, p6
No abstract available.
- Rhode Island House OKs Budget Unanimously. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34328, p1
Rhode Island's Senate finance committee is scheduled to vote on a proposed $8.7 billion state budget one day after the House approved it unanimously.
- Let's Play Ball. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p35
Reports on the approval of Governor Ted Kulongoski of a bill outlining a plan to finance a major league baseball stadium in Portland, Oregon.
- New Budget Submitted by Oregon Governor Leaves State's Community Colleges Feeling Shortchanged. // Community College Week;1/26/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the budget unveiled by Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski for the upcoming biennium in 2009. In the budget, there were slight increases for two educational sectors in Oregon. Specifically, he proposed a two percent increase for kindergarten through 12th grade programs and a 9...
- Budget impasse over, payments will resume. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Apr2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the approval of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to use steep cuts and taxes to close a $42 billion deficit in the state's 2009 fiscal year budget. Schwarzenegger has planned to increase sales tax by 1.15% as well as personal income tax for every tax...