Municipals Move Up on Sell-Off Ahead of November Payrolls Data
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...
- Bid Side Eases in Muted Trading As Traders Eye Employment Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2, 2004. Effect of weaker treasuries and uncertainty on August employment data on the municipal bond market; Increase in non-farm payrolls; Yield on the 10-note.
- Munis Weaken After Treasury Sell-Off; Employment Data Better Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32128, p2
The article focuses on the municipal bond market which is weakened with a sell-off in treasuries after stronger-than-expected employment growth. Traders said that yields increased from five to seven basis points as prices fell after the U.S. Labor department said the economy added 274,000 new...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; Primary Shows a Bit of Firmness. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p2
The article focuses on the municipal bond market in the U.S., as of March 4, 2005. Treasuries gave up earlier gains as uncertainty surrounding today's employment report kept earlier enthusiasm in check. Nevertheless, the primary still indicated some firmness in the market as underwriters...
- Munis Continue to Make Gains As Treasuries Rise and Supply Shrinks. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on August 5, 2004. Gains made by municipal bonds; Employment rate; Yields of treasury bills. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, August 5.
- Munis, Treasuries Finish Down Despite Weak Payroll Numbers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p2
Reports that municipal bond market gave up its earlier gains as treasuries succumbed to a technical correction after a breakaway rally on the back of slower-than-expected employment growth and a shift in the near-term interest rate outlook in the U.S. Decline of unemployment rate; Increase of...
- Market Post: Yields Drop on Weak Employment Gains. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;2/10/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34057, p1
The article offers information on the conditions of the U.S. municipal bond market as of February 10, 2014. It mentions that municipal bond yields have dipped due to fall in government employment and slow rate of payroll jobs. It mentions that yields on municipal bonds maturing from 2027 to 2044...
- Market Close: Munis Strengthen Ahead of Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34240, p1
The municipal bond market on Friday was looking ahead to more than $7 billion coming to market in the week of Jan. 12. Prices of top-quality municipal bonds were finishing stronger along with Treasuries, traders said, after the release of the December employment report.