Under the skin
- Ottoman empire. Cardew, Ben // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p16
Focuses on the popularity of leather furniture in Great Britain. Emphasis on the functionality of the product; Image and quality of ottoman; Distinctive look of upholstered furniture. INSET: Leather upholstery care.
- Leather looking up for 2004. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p25
Reports on the positive outlook for the leather upholstery sector of the U.S. furniture industry for 2004. Potential sales gains; Manufacturers that are heeding the call for upgraded leathers; Desire by retailers to step up to better price points in leather; Growth being achieved by Lane Home...
- Sources expand value-driven Chinese imports. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;10/31/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p30
Reports on the expansion of leather upholstery makers' market status through value-driven Chinese import programs in the U.S. Concept of the import program adopted by Universal Furniture; Benefits of the import programs to the industry; Reason for choosing China as the source of leatherwork.
- HermÃ¨s Launches First San Diego Store. Riley-Katz, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/24/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 132, p14
The article reports that HermÃ¨s International SA has opened its first store in La Jolla, San Diego, California. The new store will feature all 14 product categories of Les Metiers HermÃ¨s like leather goods, silk scarves and ties, perfumes, and clothes. It also showcases upgrades to the...
- Stopping the hiding to nothing. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p3
Reports on the decline of the prices of leather furniture. Reasons behind the decline; Amount willing to be paid by consumers for a leather sofa; Steps that should be taken by retailers to revive the price of leather products.
- Under the skin. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;5/21/2004, Issue 5389, p14
Analyzes the pricing architecture and choice of leather sofas in selected retailers in Great Britain. Popularity of leather sofas; Retailers included in the survey; Retailer offering the cheapest leather sofa; Average price of leather sofas; Popular colors.
- Start mit eigenen Stores. Sieper, Elke // Textilwirtschaft;6/21/2012, Issue 25, p39
The article announces that the luxury leather goods supplier Mulberry is planing their first stores in Germany.
- Etienne Aigner Dead to 95. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/13/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 91, p7
Reports on the death of Hungarian leather craftsman, Etienne Aigner who built an international business in leather goods and footwear. Cause of death; Family background; Reputation in the industry; Skills and expertise in the leather business.
- Shop Tips. Kuhns, Jerimy // Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p35
In this article, the author offers tips useful for managing the leather goods shop.