MFI enigma hits GUS shares
- GUS buys Homebase in bid to build on homewares portfolio. // In-Store Marketing;Dec2002, p6
Reports that British furniture and homewares sales company GUS has bought DIY chain, Homebase Inc. Amount paid by GUS to purchase Homebase; Implication of the acquisition on GUS' business.
- IS GUS DEAL BUILT TO LAST? Mills, Lauren // In-Store Marketing;Dec2002, p17
Comments on the merger between British furniture companies, GUS and Homebase Inc. Implication of the merger on the furniture retail industry; Risks involved in the merger; Effect of the merger on the performance of GUS' stocks.
- Brock could return to MFI. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/11/2006, Issue 5500, p3
The article reports on the proposal of Argyll Partners to David Brock to be the non-executive chairman of MFI Retail if its bid succeeds to buy the 215 stores. Moreover, if the bid succeeds and Brock accepts the job, it would be a homecoming for the former Homestyle executive chairman who left...
- Double cheer for Homebase. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2013, Issue 5859, p8
The article reports that furniture retailer Homebase has recorded a sales increase of 4.4% as of August 31, 2013 and has its sister company Argos exit examinership.
- Argos' sales boost is good news for GUS. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p6
Reports on the increase in the profits of the furniture store GUS in Great Britain. Benefits of the sales boost of Argos for the store; Plan of GUS to sell the shopping business to the Barclay brothers; Increase in the shares of Laura Ashley.
- GUS heads for 800p as rumours boost others. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p6
Reports on the influence of the sales gained by Gus at Argos and at Homebase Inc. Increased price targets of CSFB and Deutsche Bank; Corporate profits of Marks & Spencer; Cessation of the business operations of FTSE 100.
- Argos is creeping up on MFI. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p8
Reports on the market share of furniture retailers in Great Britain, from 2002 to 2003. MFI; DFS; Ikea; Argos; Homestyle; B&Q; John Lewis/Courts.
- What's in a name? // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Reports on the plan of changing the furniture brand name MFI in favor of the Schreiber or Hygena brands.
- Change the brand. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p1
Focuses on the financial troubles faced by furniture retailer MFI. Decline in the company's 1998 winter sale; Management plans of John Hancock, chief executive of the company; Need for the company to change its brand name.