Design sails into TFS hall
- Just say "ZA". Finkelshteyn, Michelle // Contract;Jun2006, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p82
The article reports that the Japanese team of furniture designers of Shin Azumi and Tomoko Azumi appropriately named the new Davis bench collection ZA, which in Japanese means "to sit." A bench system with simplicity in its form and aesthetic style, it creates various seating possibilities by...
- 'Church chair of the future' unveiled. Banks, Tom // Design Week (Online Edition);6/15/2012, p7
The article reports on the designs introduced by the Church of England (CofE) for the church chair of the future. It says that CofE needs to develop a new design for their uncomfortablle chairs and it encouranges designers to give churches a broader range of design options. Church Care conducted...
- Digital explorers. CaIton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p18
The article presents an interview with Tomoko Azumi and Assa Ashuach, digital explorers of Metropolitan Works, assigned with the task of exploring the impact of digital manufacture on furniture design in Great Britain. When asked about their role, they explain that they are exploring where the...
- Profile. Azumi, Tomoko // Design Week;8/3/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p13
The article profiles the Tomoko Azumi. After having separated with her husband, she has discovered her passion in making designs, teaching and conducting design researches. She graduated in Royal College of Art in 1993 with the degree of furniture designing together with her husband and set...
- FURNITURE FOR KEEPS. Tischler, Linda // Fast Company;Jun2007, Issue 116, p42
The article discusses the Global Edition furniture line from Bernhardt Design, a cutting-edge North Carolina furniture firm. The collection, which will debut at the 2007 International Contemporary Furniture Fair, features 11 pieces of furniture and a complementary line of fabrics from...
- PULL UP A SEAT. MORGAN, TARA // Boise Weekly;4/21/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p24
The article offers information on the 18th annual Chair Affair furniture design exhibition by the Interior Designers of Idaho in Boise, Idaho. It states that the event featured a collection of 100 local designers who helped promote professionalism and high standards in interior design. It also...
- Fancy with function. Soltani, Sonia; Walsh, Charlotte // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p19
Focuses on the various innovative furniture designs developed by furniture retailers presented at the Earls Court 2 in Great Britain. Details of the various furniture design; Significance of the trade show's emphasis on bringing the outside in with green as the prominent shade.
- SHOW REVIEW 100% DESIGN. // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p20
Presents the various innovative furniture designs developed by furniture retailers presented at the Earls Court 2 in Great Britain. INSET: Fact File.
- Designer's choice. Garet, Barbara // Wood & Wood Products;Mar94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p34
Discusses furniture designers' personal favorites among the selection of designs they have created throughout their careers. Ray Sobota; Steve Hodges; Laurel Clark; Bill de Blaay; O.B. Solie.