Whither Research At Goldman Sachs?
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;12/6/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p34
The article presents information on career developments of various people. Bernard Kerik, former police commissioner under Mayor Rudy Giuliani, was tapped as the new D.S. Homeland Security Secretary. He will succeed former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge, the first person to hold the job. In...
- Goldman plans magazine division. Fine, Jon // Crain's New York Business;2/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p35
Reports the plan of the Goldman Sachs and Co. to set aside a budget for a magazine unit in New York, New York. Evaluation of the expansion of the company; Move of the company for the restructure of the magazine world; Contribution of the company to the magazine industry.
- More dollars are headed to the Far East…. // Medical Economics;2/16/2007, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the development of equity investments to countries in Asia and the Pacific region, which was once dominated by Europe. According to Goldman Sachs & Co., from 2000-2003, the ratio of dollars directed to Europe compared to the Asia/Pacific region was 4 to 1. However, the...
- To Help Navigate Strategy Review, Navisite Taps Goldman. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/26/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 13, pN.PAG
Reports that Andover, Massachusetts-based company Navisite Corp. has retained investment banking company Goldman Sachs & Co. for issues related to strategic planning. Corporate profile of Navisite; Several acquisition offers received by the company; Financial performance of the company for the...
- A BOTTOM FOR THE MAGAZINE INDUSTRY? Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/25/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p52
Features the business plan of Goldman Sachs to funds its own magazine unit in the United States. Comments of the media analysts and bankers on Goldman plan; Leverage of the start-up money; Struggles of Goldman on publishing icon for venture.
- Financial service companies move. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p27
Reports on the plans of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and Co. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to move large portions of their operations out of the lowe Manhattan in New York city. Impact of the terrorist attacks on the operation of both companies; Services of both companies; Purchase of Texaco Inc....
- Goldman Sachs honors talented youth. // New York Amsterdam News;05/31/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 22, p36
Reports that Sirius Jobs, an online job destination site for teenagers, received the top award in a business plan competition conducted among new York City minority students culminating the first annual Goldman Sachs Foundation Scholars Entrepreneurship Expo competition. Other winners in the...
- Goldman Buys Into Web Investment Bank. Duran, Danielle; Lacey, Steve // On Wall Street;May99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the business strategy of Goldman Sachs and Co. Move of the company to buy 22 percent shares in Wit Capital Group, an online stocks retailer. Public offering and reorganization launched by Goldman Sachs; Background of Wit Capital Group.
- U.S.-based Polish Cable TV Provider Entertains Options. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;05/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p6
Reports that @Entertainment Inc., a Polish cable television provider, has retained Goldman Sachs & Co. to help it explore strategic alternatives, including a sale of part or all of the company. Information on the financial standing of @Entertainment; Possible buyers of @Entertainment.