Cuban's Hedge Fund Wager
- The Franchise. Sweany, Brian D. // Texas Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p74
Features Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks basketball team. Description of how Cuban managed a Dairy Queen fast-food chain for a day; Critique of Cuban's actions and purchases; Results of his hand-on approach to the team.
- Blog Watch. // Newsweek;7/3/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 1/2, p20
This article discusses popular internet blogs during June of 2006. "Rolling Stone" magazine has started a weblog at www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily. Dallas Mavericks basketball team owner Mark Cuban writes for www.blogmaverick.com. Fans of the Miami Heat basketball team can visit...
- MARK CUBAN, MAVERICKS. McNeal, Stan // Sporting News;10/22/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 43, p38
Commends Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban for the new uniform of the National Basketball Association team. Logo design; Description of the uniform; Color used for the jersey.
- A thing for basketball bad boys? Kaelble, Steve // Indiana Business Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the contribution of basketball to the business career of Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. Business degree acquired by Cuban from the Indiana University; Relocation to Dallas, Texas; Establishment of the systems integration firm called MicroSolutions Inc. and its eventual sale to...
- The Cuban-O-Meter. Kim, Albert; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;01/15/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p28
Describes the actions of Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban which have resulted in him being fined by the National Basketball Association (NBA). Comments by NBA commissioner David Stern; Complaint filed by Cuban against Utah Jazz player Karl Malone; Verbal abuse of NBA officials by Cuban; Others.
- Dallas Maverick. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;11/06/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 19, p80
Focuses on the owner of the Dallas Mavericks franchise in the National Basketball Association, Mark Cuban. Biographical information; Reasons why Cuban, a billionaire in the Internet industry, wanted to purchase an NBA team; Thoughts on being an owner; View of fellow Dallas, Texas-based team...
- A True Maverick. Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;4/23/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 17, p52
Focuses on billionaire Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks' National Basketball Association franchise. Biographical information; Active roll taken by Cuban in his ownership of the Mavericks; Thoughts on his approach to team ownership.
- A Blog to Remember. King, David; Page, Loraine // Information Today;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p27
This article expresses opinion on Mark Cuban, owner of the basketball team Dallas Maverick, and his blob site, blogmaverick.com. Unlike most professional sports moguls, Cuban is accessible. He is innovative, a passionate supporter of his team. His personal blog ranges far and wide, sometimes...
- Mark CUBAN. Barkley, Charles // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec2006, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p309
The author talks about Dallas Mavericks team owner Mark Cuban. He thinks that Cuban is great for the National Basketball Association because he was able to revitalize the Mavericks. He is comparable to Los Angeles Lakers team owner Jerry Buss and Chicago Bulls team owner Jerry Reinsdorf. The...