- Installing a hot water dispenser. Henkenius, Merle // Popular Mechanics;Mar95, Vol. 172 Issue 3, p88
Presents instructions for the installation of a hot water dispenser in the home. Features of the dispenser; Under-the-sink wiring; Steps for installation; Connecting to power; Connecting to power; Charging the dispenser.
- STANDARD FOR BUILDING WATER SYSTEMS FROM ASHRAE. // Appliance Design;Aug2011, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the proposed standard practice that specifies requirements to prevent legionellosis associated with building water systems just closed for public view from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Condition Engineers (ASHRAE).
- Hunting down the latest plastic products. // Builders Merchants Journal;Nov97, p23
Presents hot water storage specialists Albion of Great Britain. Details on the Superduty storage cylinders produced by the company; Factors that helps set the pace in mains-pressure hot water systems.
- When in Doubt About Temperature Control, Reference the Standards. Galvin, Jim // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2000, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p52
Informs on basic standards on water temperature control established by the American Society of Sanitary Engineering. Coverage of products' intention to deliver water safely to the end user; Variances in temperature coming from the water heater; Stratification of storage tank; Changes in...
- Integrated piping systems. Clark, S.J. // PM Engineer;Jun96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p25
Discusses the use of the fire sprinkler system and domestic hot water piping system to provide for the distribution of heating and cooling of a building. Integrated piping system; Energy distribution options; Health and safety measures; Systems economics.
- Staying hot on the hospitality road. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p66
Describes the water-heating systems installed at several hotels and casinos in the United States. Water system at the West Coast Anaheim Hotel in California; Stratosphere Tower; Foxwoods Resort and Casino in Connecticut; San Francisco Marriott.
- Lennox showcases new plant, combination system. // Contractor Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the commercial production of Lennox Industries' CompleteHeat heating/domestic hot water system. Expansion of manufacturing plant; Consolidation of heating and cooling equipment production; Number of jobs created.
- Sizing of DHW systems critical to performance. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p18
Deals with the importance of sizing domestic hot water (DHW) systems. Factors where sizing of side-arm DHW units are based; Description of the instantaneous water heater; Difference between instantaneous and semi-instantaneous models of side-arm DHW heaters.
- A MECHANICAL ROOM OF ITS OWN. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Feb2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p55
Describes the mechanical room at the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Operating capacity of the center's hot-water boilers; Water-storage capability; Operation of the equipment using Windows NT software.