LONG-TERM BONDS: November
- $85M Tulare hospital bond approved. McLain, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/30/2005, Issue 323459, p1
Reports on the approval of bond to expand the Tulare District Health Care System. Amount of the bond; Positive implication of the voters turnout; Features of the expansion.
- Lehigh Valley, Pa., Hospital to Sell $81M. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p48
Reports on the plan of the Lehigh County General Purpose Authority to sell its multimillion-dollar of health care revenue bonds in mid-September 2005 to finance part of a major expansion at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Role of Merrill Lynch & Co. and UBS Financial...
- Southeast Year-End Review. // Bond Buyer;2/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33469, p18
Several charts on bonds and securities issued by several state departments in the Southeast during 2010 and 2009, including education, transportation, and health care in states including Louisiana, Georgia, and Florida, are presented.
- NEW-ISSUE VOLUME NOTES. // Bond Buyer;12/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32020, p42
This article presents information on various bonds to be issued in the U.S. Long-term bonds have final stated maturities of 13 months or longer, while short-term notes mature in less than 13 months. Private placements and municipal forward sales are included in the figures, but remarketings of...
- DOING MORE WITH LESS. // Georgia Trend;Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p61
The article deals with the budget deficit in Georgia in 2009. It states that transportation was high on the pre-session list of the General Assembly members. Aside from transportation, there are also healthcare needs and education concerns. A statewide trauma system will be pushed by advocates...
- Progress on structural reforms. // OECD Economic Surveys: United Kingdom;Nov2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 2005 Issue 2, p153
Presents an outline of recommendations carried forward from the previous "Economic Surveys," finalized in January 2004. Details of previous surveys; Policy actions taken and assessment on housing, public health care spending, education, skill and pensions.
- Tulare hospital vies for ER expansion, $85M bond. McLain, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/1/2005, Issue 323420, p3
The article reports that the Tulare District HealthCare System is asking for the voters' stamp of approval on a new expansion project. The hospital is hoping that an $85 million bond will help to bridge the gap between the district's 1950s-era building and recent laws, which mandate that...
- GNYHA, SEIU to heal N.Y. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;1/19/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the Healthcare Equity & Access Law proposed by the Greater New York Hospital Association and the Service Employees International Union in New York. Source of funding for the law; Creation of Healthcare Quality Bond Act via the Healthcare Education Project; Primary goal of the proposal.
- Missouri, Georgia Set Up Sizeable Transportation Deals. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p7
The article reports on the setting up of sizeable bond deals by Missouri and Georgia. The Missouri Highway and Transportation Authority deal will total 800 million dollars. RBC Capital Markets Inc. and Bank of America Securities LLC will manage the deals. Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority...