Cook County Passes Resolution to Pay Bills Without '05 Budget
- Cook County Passes Resolution to Pay Bills Without '05 Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32021, p33
The article reveals that the Cook County, III., Board of Commissioners yesterday approved a continuing budget resolution, allowing the county to continue to pay its bills despite an effort to push board President John Stroger to introduce his fiscal 2005 budget first. The resolution allows the...
- Financial Management: Audit of the Centennial of Flight Commission for Fiscal Year 2003 and though May 19, 2004: GAO-04-599R. Williams, McCoy // GAO Reports;6/18/2004, p1
The Centennial of Flight Commission (Commission) was created on November 13, 1998, by the Centennial of Flight Commemoration Act (Public Law 105-389, as amended by Public Law 106-68). The purpose of the Commission is to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Wright brothers' flight at Kitty...
- City Commission reviews DDA budget. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/21/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p3
The article reports on the decision of the Grand Rapids, Michigan commissioners to adopt more budgets than the 2011 general meeting operating fund, including one for the Downtown Development Authority.
- Tulsa's Tight Spot. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32362, p29
The article reports that Tulsa, Oklahoma finance director Mike Kier has announced that balancing the city's 2006 fiscal budget will be difficult because of budget reductions that over the years have left the city with little to no flexibility. Newly elected Tulsa Mayor Kathy Taylor must present...
- Retrenchment Faces Brownell. // Education Digest;Dec1953, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p52
The article reports that Samuel M. Brownell, federal commissioner of education, faces the prospect of retrenchment in the United States. The government is still committed to the proposition that the 154-55 budget must be smaller than the budget of the previous year. Another problem facing...
- GR Agencies Get Budgets. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/16/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 29, pB2
This article reports on the approval by the city commissioners of Grand Rapids, Michigan of the 2008 fiscal year budget for the Brownfield Redevelopmet Authority (BRA) and the Economic Development Corp. (EDC). The two agencies are involved in economic development efforts. BRA's budget totals...
- ILLINOIS: Cook OKs $930M for Health. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p9
The article reports on the approval of a $930 million 2009 spending plan for health and hospital bureau by the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois. The approved spending plan was crafted by the independent Health and Hospitals System Board of Directors. The budget increases spending...
- Van Zandt County Commissioners take up appointments to local boards, districts. Cohn, Lew K. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p1
The article highlights the Van Zandt County Commissioners Court's meeting held January 23, 2007, including the appointment of a panel to be commissioners for the Van Zandt County Emergency Services District No. 2.
- ESD Commissioners Teague, Pryor terms expire January 1 . // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/20/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 51, p1A
The article reports that the term for commissioners John Teague and John Pryor at the Emergency Services District (ESD) No. 2 in Van Zandt County, Texas will expire on January 1, 2007, and Doyle Milliorn, Joe Sutton, and Mary Ann Ritchie were chosen to fill ESD board for 2007-2008.