Municipal Bond Elections
- Yields Rise as Burst of New Issues Outshines Secondary. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/30/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p11
The article reports on the rise of the journal "The Bond Buyer" weekly yield indexes as new primary issuance in the market captured the attention and focus of the participants, and surpassed the secondary market in the U.S. It mentions that the bond yields for the general obligation (GO) bond,...
- Weekly Indexes Climb Again as Erosion of Muni, Treasury Market Continues. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32646, p6
The article reports on the performance of the bond market for the week ended June 7, 2007 in the U.S. The weekly indexes of the "The Bond Buyer" increased during the week, as the municipal and Treasury markets continued to erode. Municipal bonds were slightly weaker on June 1 as economic data...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Decline as Munis Firm Slightly. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p56
The article focuses on the impact of the municipal bond market on the weekly yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" in the U.S. The publication's 20-bond index of general obligation yields fell four basis points for the week ended September 1, 2006, to 4.30%, its lowest level since September 22,...
- Market Post: Munis Near Unch; Traders Await Primary-Lite. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/25/2014, Issue 34216, p1
Municipal bond yields were little changed on Monday at mid-session as the holiday-shortened week opened on a very quiet note as traders looked to at a light primary market calendar of under $1 billion.
- Monday's Data. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34201, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 101 0/32 to yield 2.26, up 3/3230-year: 101 22/32 to yield 3.04, up 7/32 Municipal BondIndex 125 12/32, up 6/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 10/28) Total: $9.676 billion, up $1.739 billionCompetitive: $2.324 billion, up $1.190...
- Muni Bond Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
In the week ended Nov. 12, the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index rose to 4.38% from 4.35% from the previous week. The BB40 Index is based on the price of 40 long-term bonds.
- Large Deals From All Over Set to Boost Volume Slightly. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p6
The article reports that the sales volume in the municipal bond market is expected to increase due to the arrival of large deals in the U.S., including the Florida airport deal, a pair of California utility offerings, and the Northeast deals. According to Ipreo LLC and "The Bond Buyer," a newly...
- Munis Start New Month with a Tepid Session. Herman, Jack; Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;5/4/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p2
No abstract available.
- Top 10E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;10/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32724, p37
The article presents the top ten electronically mailed stories which were featured in the September issues of "The Bond Buyer." They include "Haines: Stagnant Muni Market Not Keeping Up," in the September 27 issue, "Managers Leaving JPMorgan With Company's New Direction," and "Tennessee Issues...