Delay in Water Refunding Leads Wisconsin to Miss Out on $3.8M in Savings
- Bullard Restates Case for Rate Hike. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34414, p1
The article focuses on the statement issued by Missouri-based Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis President James Bullard on the need to raise the federal funds target rate in order to normalize the bank's balance sheet as the U.S. economy improves, showing an unemployment rate of 5%.
- Interest Rate Watch. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/14/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p15
The article presents the interest rate watch for the week of May 9-16, 2007 for five common consumer banking products and its latest rates in the U.S. The five consumer banking products include the mortgages, home equity products, automobiles, certificate of deposits, and credit cards. The...
- DETERMINANTS OF RURAL HOUSEHOLDS LOAN REPAYMENT PERFORMANCE, IN OROMIA NATIONAL REGIONAL STATE: THE CASE OF DODOTA WODEDA. ALEMU, SOLOLOMON; BAJIRA, ADDISU // International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Mana;Nov2013, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p112
A study was conducted to identify factors affecting loan repayment performance of Rural Householders in Dodota Woreda (District), Oromia Region of Ethiopia. It has tried to assess the extent to which rural credit service provided by MFIs functions and how default and non-default rates are...
- VITAL STATISTICS. // Mortgage Banking;Jun2013, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p90
Two tables related to key economic indicators and interest rates in the U.S. are presented which lists unemployment rate, federal funds rate and mortgage interest rates.
- What is the impact of a low interest rate environment on bank profitability? Genay, Hesna; Podjasek, Rich // Chicago Fed Letter;Jul2014, Issue 324, p1
The article offers information on the impact of economic conditions and low interest rate environment on the banking sector . It discusses several facts which includes negative effects on bank profits, positive effects on profits of low interest rates boosting economic activity and works of...
- Fed's interest hike expected one quarter percent. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;4/6/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p12
The article comments on the Federal Open Market Committee's increase of the benchmark Federal funds rate by a quarter of a percentage point to 4.75% in the U.S. in 2006. Key issues discussed include economic growth levels and core inflation levels beyond energy and food, as well as future...
- Investor Timeout. Johnson, Ben // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p24
The article focuses on the effect of unstable market conditions on investors in the U.S. The Federal Reserve Board has lowered the federal funds rate that banks charge to help jump-start the economy and assure the credit market with a bit of relief. Many concerned commercial real estate...
- Money and Financial Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2005, p6
Reports that the secular decline in long-term rates that began in 1982 resulted primarily from a decline in the inflation expectations associated with a sustained disinflation in the United States. Concern of policymakers on their ability to deal with a potential deflation; Continuation of the...
- FACTORING IN SENTIMENT. Evans, Mike // Industry Week/IW;Sep2001, Vol. 250 Issue 12, p64
Focuses on the failure of traditional indicators to predict the direction of the United States' economy. Sectors that are directly affected by the monetary policy; Increase of the federal fund rates in November 1998; Factors which influence the changes in capital spending.