Panel to Push Sales Tax to Cover D.C.-Area Transit System Gap
- SALES TAX. Entin, Carli // Scholastic Choices;Sep2010, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
The article offers information on sales tax and the process of calculating it.
- Study: Vt. sales tax helps N.H. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/3/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p9
The article offers information on the study "The Unintended Consequences of Public Policy Choices: The Connecticut River Valley Economy as a Case Study" shows that the sales tax on business in Vermont has helped commercial growth.
- On Holiday from the Sales Tax. Rafool, Mandy // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p20
Discusses the concept of sales tax holidays in the United States, in which certain items are exempt from the sales tax for a period of time. Details on sales tax holidays in Pennsylvania and South Carolina; Benefits gained by state elected officials from sales tax holidays; Criticisms of sales...
- Like its taxes, Cook's need for a rollback is certain. Schwieterman, Joseph // Crain's Chicago Business;8/24/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p18
The article presents the author's opinion on the percentage-point increase in sales tax in Cook County. The author says that the hike in sales tax, which pushed rates to upward of 10.15%, is having deleterious effects on retail sales. The author says that the most distressing effects are in...
- Consumption tax turns almighty dollar to chump change. Poore, Justin // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/11/2013, Issue 324716, p30
The author discusses the rise in the sales taxes for consumption in California.
- Rate Isn't Too Taxin Chamber, City Say. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;4/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p15
The article reports on the campaign of the Chamber of Commerce in promoting the lower sales tax rate as compared to the neighboring communities in Santee, California. Survey shows that the tax rate of the city increased by the minimum amount after the state increased its sales tax rate. It notes...
- FLORIDA: A Pinellas Penny Saved. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p9
The article reports that voters in Pinellas County, Florida will be requested on March 13, 2007 to extend a one-cent infrastructure sales tax for another ten years. According to the author, voters first approved the tax increase in 1989 and extended it for another ten years in a referendum in...
- Madera's Measure A expires, renewed effort planned for 2006. Yamada, Stefanie Hard // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/14/2005, Issue 323465, p4
Reports on the expiration of the half-cent sales tax Measure A in Madera County, California. Aid of the funding leveraged by federal and state dollars to allow the county to build major transportation projects and improve roads in the region; Plans made for the extension of Measure A in 2006;...
- More car buyers may get surprise tax bills. Castile, Raymond // St. Charles Journal;8/14/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 65, pA1
The article reports on the possibility of Wentzville residents in Missouri receiving surprise sales tax bills demanding they pay Missouri 93,390 dollars for automobiles they purchased up to three years ago. As the state charged Wentzville residents a lower St. Charles County sales tax rate,...