Personal Income, Spending Up in Oct
- THE BEHAVIOR OF MONEY NATIONAL INCOME UNDER INFLATIONARY CONDITIONS. Smithies, A. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov42, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p113
The article focuses on models to examine behavior of money national income under inflationary conditions in Great Britain. The writer on inflation is fortunate in that his subject is generally well understood by economists, since its dramatic empirical manifestations leave little room for...
- Bank of New Zealand Economic Outlook: Past Data v Future Outcomes. Alexander, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;May97, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p51
It was noted last month that the economy has not been so strong as was thought, and that this meant the rises in interest rates that has been predicted for many months were more likely to occur very late in the year rather than early in the second half of 1997. Economic data released over the...
- Leading Indicators Slide 0.3% In July. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p2
Reports on the decline of the composite index of Leading Economic Indicators in the U.S. Realization of the prediction of the economists; Percentage of the lagging index.
- Short-term forecasts are mainly guesswork. // Fund Strategy;1/15/2007, p3
The article points that it would be an error to conclude from the wrong predictions made by economists that they are a waste of time. Any short-term forecasts are likely to be mostly guesswork. While there may be instances when such predictions are needed, it would be an error to take them...
- THE ILLUSION OF KNOWLEDGE. Samuelson, Robert J. // Newsweek;5/21/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 21, p49
Comments on economists as of May 21, 2001. How economists often fail to see changes in the business cycle; How economists must use past economic indicators as a tool for forecasting; Opinion that economists create an illusion of understanding.
- The Dallas-Plano-Irving Metropolitan Division. // Perryman Short-Term Economic Forecast;Winter2012, Vol. 32, p29
The article discusses a short-term economic outlook for the Dallas-Plano-Irving Metropolitan Division (MD) of Texas for 2012 to 2017. The area's key strengths are outlined, including its economic diversity, broad range of industries, and growth centers' favorable central location and presence....
- All metros forecast to see at least 3.19% growth in real personal income. // Perryman Texas Letter;1/5/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
Predicts the real personal income growth of several cities in Texas as of January 5, 2004.
- As Economy Stalls, Personal Income Takes a Hit. Handley, Meg // U.S. News Digital Weekly;9/23/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p22
The article discusses the status of personal income for the second quarter of 2011. It cites a smaller earnings growth for Americans with the personal income growth slowing down to 1.1% on average. It attributes the losses in personal income growth to a weakening labor market. It points to...
- INTO THE CLOSET. Schonfeld, Erick // Fortune;10/30/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 9, p227
Presents information on Strategic Distribution Inc. Forecast of Russell Welty, an analyst at Hanifen Imhoff Inc., on the financial future of Strategic Distribution; Services offered by the company; Reaction of the consumers to the services provided by the company.