Competitive Bond Offerings
- GUARANTEED EQUITY BONDS. // Money Marketing;12/20/2007, p34
The article provides information on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) 100-linked guaranteed equity bond offered by Lehman Brothers Inc. that allows investors to choose the term and type of return. It has three options, such as a 3-year term with a fixed return of 24%, a 5-year term with...
- Industry Groups Battle Over Soft Dollars. // Traders Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 230, p14
Reports on the action taken by a securities industry group on making its case to the regulators that professional using soft-dollar arrangement profit at the expense of investors. Benefits of soft-dollar arrangements; Recommendation of the forum on a fund board under the leadership of its...
- Will Reg NMS Go Up in Flames? // Traders Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 230, p14
Reports on the assumption of several trading industry officials on the trade-through rule reform and Reg NMS proposals to be dead for the year 2004. Apprehension on any action fees and proposal on market data; Reasons for the dissolution of the REg NMS proposal; Review of the Reg NMS proposals.
- A Challenging Last Dash. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/4/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 38, p9
Reports on the outlook for stocks in the fourth quarter of 2004. Aftermarket performance of equity deals; Signs that stock issues can outperform expectations; Trading of bond-like instruments that offer tax benefits.
- Top 3 mistakes of trading system development. DAVEY, KEVIN J. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2014, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on several techniques for securities trading system development. It is argued that many traders develops trading system that does not work in real time, with real money. It discusses some of the more common, and easily fixable, mistakes traders make. It is noted that for an...
- What's in a name? // Finweek;3/19/2009, p78
The article offers information on the implication of trust fund names in South Africa. Most often, in naming unit trust funds, asset managers include the company name, the type of fund or describe the fund. Experts believe that no matter what unique names they possess, it has nothing to do with...
- Will More IDS Deals Make It To Market? Ferguson, Joy // High Yield Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the uncertain number of income deposit securities (IDS), a tax-efficient hybrid of dividend paying stocks and high yielding debt that resembles income trusts in Canada will be issued in the market. Impact of the action taken by B&G Foods on the marketability of IDS; Reason behind the...
- Study Narrows Spread between ECNs & Market Makers. BRESIGER, GREGORY // Traders Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 243, p62
Reports on the results of a study concerning ECN and market makers in the stock trading sector in the U.S. Fill rates for New York Stock Exchange stocks; Price improvement; Execution quality in the equities market.
- Bid-ask spreads, informed investors, and the firmï¿½s financial condition. Agrawal, Vipin; Kothare, Meeta; Rao, Ramesh K.S.; Wadhwa, Pavan // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Feb2004, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p58
As the firmï¿½s financial condition worsens, informed trading increases in the firmï¿½s stock and uninformed traders exit the market. Market-makers widen spreads in response to the increased probability of a trade against an informed investor. Using alternative proxies for the firmï¿½s...