Power Line Struggle
- In Support of Ward Only Elections for Tucson. Sinex, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;5/23/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p6
This article discusses the election procedure of Tucson City Council representatives. Currently, a primary is held within the ward and then the general election is held citywide or at-large. It is believed that a ward-only general election to select the city council best represents the citizens,...
- Cincinnati Plans $15M of Notes for Convention Center. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31483, p4
Reports the plans of city officials to sell short-term notes in Cincinnati, Ohio. Percentage increase of lodging tax; Use of revenues from tax increases for debt service; Accounts on the expansion of the Albert S. Sabin Convention Center.
- Council worries. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;7/17/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p2
This article examines the prospects of the incumbent city council members of Chicago, Illinois in next year's election. Most of the city council members are worried over their chances of survival in next year's election. Most of the incumbents are preparing to begin their political campaigns and...
- Reports lead to councillors being constrained. LADIK, SARAH // Hub (Hay River, NT);7/ 2/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p12
The article focuses on the amended rule by the Council of Hay River, Northwest Territories, Canada (NWT) that if two councillors desired to represent the NWT's municipality, they would be get approval before the council and the council would appoint one of them.
- NOTICE OF MAY 12, 2012 CITY ELECTION. // Munday Courier (TX);2/ 9/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that the City of Munday, Texas will hold an election on May 2012 for the post of Mayor and Councilmen and its applications are available at City Hall, Munday, Texas.
- NOTICE OF CITY ELECTION. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);4/26/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p6
The article presents the polling places for voting in a City Election on May 12, 2007 in Aspermont, Texas, to elect three council members.
- Firm to provide choices for interim administrator. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;7/4/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 27, pA7
The article reveals that the Board of Aldermen of Wentzville, Missouri agreed on June 27, 2012 to allow a firm to present two or three candidates for the interim position.
- November election to fill city's vacancies. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);6/20/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the request for a special election in November 2013 to fill vacancies in the Clarendon Board of Aldermen in Texas following the resignation of its three members.
- May Elections seeking candidates. // Munday Courier (TX);2/ 9/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the registering procedure for the elections going to be held in Munday, Texas for several posts including Mayor and City Council members on May 12, 2012.