N.Y. Executing Panel's Recommendations for Authority Reform
- Pataki takes New York for a third term. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/7/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the victory celebrations for the three-term governor for New York George Pataki in the ballroom at the Hilton Hotel. Welcome of the governor; Obligatory praise by Pataki for his political opponent H. Carl McCall; Factors that attributed to McCall's failure in the elections.
- LI issues are heating up for Pataki. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p51A
Focuses on issues faced by governor George Pataki in his plan for reelection in Long Island, New York. Assessment on Pataki's contributions in the state; Emphasis on the problem of obscure electrical agency in Suffolk County; Confrontations over the Nassau budget mess.
- Pataki puts faith in tax credo. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;3/3/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p9
Presents the author's opinion about the political strategy of New York Governor George Pataki. Promises made by Pataki to labor leaders in return for their endorsements; Percentage increase in spending of the city under George Pataki's governance; Reason behind Pataki's opposition to an...
- Is Pataki on shaky ground?. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;9/16/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p9
Focuses on the status of political candidate, George Pataki in the gubernatorial election in New York. Efforts of political adviser, Dennis Rivera to register Hispanic voters in the Independence Party; Assessment on the political campaigns of Pataki; Occurrence of negative advertisement against...
- Liberal Arts. Scheiber, Noam // New Republic;6/17/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 23, p20
Examines the transformation of the political principles of New York State Republican Governor George Pataki into liberal Republican in 2002. Factors which contributed to the decline in the appeal of conservatism among New York voters; Manner in which Pataki presented himself when he first ran...
- N.Y. Gov. Pataki, facing re-election, gives his state a big thumbs up. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p2
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's plan to seek reelection. Promise of additional tax cuts and job growth; Proposal to reduce property taxes by $1.2 billion; Commitment to improve state's higher education facilities.
- Gov's presence raises eyebrows. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/24/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 43, p41
Analyzes the reason why Governor George Pataki was present in Harlem to commit $5 million in state funds for the West Harlem Master Plan project just two weeks before the gubernatorial elections in New York City. Assembly member Adam Powell IV 's explanation regarding the issue; Pataki's...
- Who's eyeing who's seat? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p14
Discusses New York Governor George Pataki's political career moves. Raymond Hernandez's article, titled 'Governor's eye is wandering to Washington,' published in 'The New York Times' 'Political memo' section; Issues that will hinder Pataki's political plans; Suitability of Pataki to head the...
- Is George a Teflon governor? Does Rudy yearn for higher office? Will Sue keep her district? Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the winning of governor George Pataki during the gubernatorial election in New York. Political party of Pataki; Selection of site for the Hudson River Institute; Development of the economy in the county.