Texas County Offers Bailout to Detention Center Debt Holders
- Ailing Apartments. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/6/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32044, p27
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. on Monday downwardly revised its outlook to negative from stable on $8.8 million of bonds sold by the South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority for several apartment complexes due to declining debt service coverage. Standard &...
- A Miami Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p31
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Rating Services to raise its ratings on Series 1990 community redevelopment tax increment and bonds of Miami, Florida. Growth in the tax increment revenue of the bonds; Strength of the debt service coverage; Requirement of the additional bonds test.
- Centenary Towers Junked. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p37
Reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded the Centenary Towers Apartments' million of debt four notches to BB from BBB-plus due to rapid decline in debt service.
- MICHIGAN: S&P Ups Saline Water. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/25/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32615, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of rating which was made by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the water and sewer revenue bonds of Saline, Michigan. The upgrade was due to the city's good track record of making debt service. Meanwhile, analysts point that the upgrade was also due its stable service...
- Peru's Global 12 Hits Resistance. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p11
Reports on a decrease in bond yield in Peru as of June 14, 2004. Decision of Standard & Poor's to raise the country's foreign currency credit; Significance of a fiscal consolidation programme to debt management in the country.
- Russia: Still Waiting On S&P. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p1
Discusses the benefits of an investment rating upgrade from Standard & Poor's (S&P) for the Russian government in 2004. Inclusion of Russia in the Lehman Aggregate index; Information on the debt management activities of Russia; Reason for the reluctance of S&P to upgrade Russia's investment rating.
- S&P Lifts Forney, Tex., GOs to A+ From A-Minus. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. was able to raise its underlying rating on general obligation debt to A-plus from A-minus in Forney, Texas. The said company raised its long-term rating based on the city's continued tax base growth and systematically sound financial position....
- Discordant Harmony. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p31
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. last week lowered its outlook to negative from stable on its rating on the city of Harmony's $82 million multifamily revenue refunding bonds that sold in 1997 on behalf of the Zedakah Foundation. Though the Zedakah Foundation has contracted with...
- S&P Boosts 24 Water, Sewer Issuers, Thanks to New Criteria. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p7
The article reports on the revised ratings of Standard & Poor's Corp. on the water, sewer and drainage utility revenue bonds issued in Midwestern states. The revision shows improvement on the solid debt service coverage ratios and cash reserves. These issuers include Ypsilanti Community...