Survey: Interest Rates Will Rise, Long-Term Volume Will Drop
- CREDIT RISK, CREDIT RATINGS, AND MUNICIPAL BOND YIELDS: A PANEL STUDY. Capeci, John // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p41
This paper uses a panel data set of general obligation bond issues to examine the channels through which a municipality's credit quality affects its borrowing rate. The paper considers both the direct effect of changes in credit quality on changes in borrowing rates and the indirect effect that...
- Muni Prices Ease in Sympathy With Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32348, p2
The article reports on the movement of the municipal bond prices in sympathy with the Treasuries in the U.S. The Treasuries reversed their Friday gains as investor attention shifted away from weak housing data to event risk associated with widely expected interest rate hike a monetary policy...
- Munis Edge Up as Fed Signals End of Tightening. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32363, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 2006. This market became stable as investors decreased their interest rate expectations. Expectations declined with the release of the minutes from the most recent Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)...
- Munis Ride Refundings to Highest Volume Since 2010. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34463, p1
Long-term municipal bond volume ended the year with the highest yearly issuance since 2010, thanks in large part to a blistering first half of the year that saw enormous refunding volume as issuers rushed to market to take advantage of near-record-low interest rates.
- Structural Instability in the Net Discount Rate Series Based on High Grade Municipal Bond Yields. Sen, Amit; Gelles, Gregory M.; Johnson, Walter D. // Journal of Legal Economics;Fall2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p87
Discusses the structural ability in the net discount rate series based on high grade municipal bond yields. Use of net discount rate to calculate the present value of future earnings's losses; Average difference between the nominal interest rate and the nominal rate of wage growth; Calculation...
- Northeast Volume Little Changed in 2014. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/22/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34463, p1
Municipal bond issuance volume in the Northeast was little changed in 2014, rising 1% from 2013 volume as issuers weighed low interest rates against their ongoing fiscal challenges.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p33
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the United States as of November 9, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields; Visible supply rises; New-issue balance; Reoffering yields; Merrill Lynch...
- July Volume Fell Below $25 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p1
Reports on the decline in the long-term municipal bond issuance volume in the U.S. Role of the rising interest rates in keeping the bond issuance down; Stability of the sales of general purpose and education bonds; Overview of the performance of the bonds in the market;
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p33
The article presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the United States as of May 9, 2006. They include market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, securities prices, visible supply rises, municipal market data general obligation yields, new-issue balances, and reoffering...