Munis Follow Treasuries Down As Traders Try to Regain Composure
- Munis Follow Treasuries Down As Traders Try to Regain Composure. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Ariastasija // Bond Buyer;12/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32020, p2
This article reports that municipal bonds followed Treasuries, finishing as much as five basis points cheaper, while governments pared losses late in the day. On the third consecutive day of rising yields, traders said activity was muted as participants tried to regain composure. While munis...
- Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. finished little changed on June 3, 2004, in muted trading as the market treaded ahead of the May employment report on June 4, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Munis Firm a Bit Ahead of Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32585, p2
The article talks about developments in the U.S. municipal market. The author has stressed that the municipal market was slightly firmer on March 12, 2007 as participants looked toward a full slate of primary market issuance and potential market-moving data. According to traders, tax-exempt...
- BONDS GOVERNMENT AND MUNICIPAL. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Dec67, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p12
Discusses issues on government and municipal bonds in the U.S. as of December 1967. Factors that distort Treasury financing patterns and influence the financial markets; Outlook for interest rates; Impact of the government-fed economic expansion on gross national product.
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Firm, Helped by Treasuries; Detroit, Kansas City, Mo., Sell GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2004. Municipal bond prices; Projected gross domestic product growth in the second quarter of 2004; General obligation bonds.
- Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p2
The article reports that participants in the municipal bond market in the United States have mixed emotions as fourth quarter gross domestic product growth came in weaker than expected in 2005. The Commerce Department supported the government bond market when it reported real gross domestic...
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...