Oklahoma City Voters to Weigh Tax to Fund Horse Show Complex
- Providence, R.I., and Brown University Eye Savings, Set to Market Refundings. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31861, p32
Reports that borrowers in Providence, Rhode Island are expected to market a pair of advance refunding in April 2004 despite the recent trend of rising yields in the municipal market. Amount of refunding bonds planned to be issued by the local government; Allocation of the bond proceeds; Rating...
- Recipe for trouble. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;3/4/2005, p4
Focuses on the report of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA) about local tax increases in Great Britain. Implications for pensioners' tax; Claim that CIPFA is suggesting to relocate business rates or to introduce a local income tax mixed with a reformed local council tax.
- The ex-files. Travers, Tony // Public Finance;7/30/2004, p22
Addresses the issue of the publication of the Balance of Funding review which deliberated on the issue of reforming the British local government tax system. Characteristics of the country's local taxation system; Recommendations made by the review; Steps that should be taken to improve local tax...
- Let's place the blame where it belongs. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/25/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p10A
Editorial. Comments on the status of county taxes in New Hampshire. Factors that influence county finance; Role of the state government in fixing tax-related and other financial problems in various counties.
- Scotland's local taxation review gets under way. Scott, David // Public Finance;6/18/2004, p9
Focuses on the review of local government finance in Scotland. Examination of options for local taxation; Improvement of the council tax arrangements; Impact of local taxation on the grant system.
- Public input needed to direct City Council. // Inside Tucson Business;5/3/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p4
Editorial. Comments on ways by which the city council of Tucson, Arizona addresses the $26 million budget shortfall for fiscal year 2005. Option of raising taxes or setting fees to cover all or part of the shortfall and cut more services to balance the budget; Efforts to reduce expenses; City...
- D.C. Likely to Raise TIF Ceiling to $500M. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p5
The article reports that District of Columbia Council is expected to vote on a bill raising the city's tax increment financing cap to $500 million from $300 million, which will pave the way for a five-year project to use tax increment financings to help finance the improvement of four blighted...
- IDENTIFICATION OF PREFERENCE FOR ELECTION OUTCOMES FROM AGGREGATE VOTING DATA. Barkume, Anthony J. // Public Choice;Fall1976, Vol. 27, p41
Addresses the problem of jointly analyzing voting turnout and issue preference with the development of an operational model of intrajurisdictional variation in participation decisions on property tax rate referenda. Derivation of an individual decision rule for turnout on a tax rate referendum;...
- Measure C's governing board. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/9/2004, Issue 323269, p22
Editorial. Focuses on the plan to extend Measure C, a local transportation sales tax, in Fresno County, California. Role of Measure C in funding transportation projects; Suggestion of Fresno County supervisor Juan Arambula that the governing board of Measure C be elected directly by the voters;...