Panel: N.Y. Should Boost N.Y.C. Funds
- PUBLIC SCHOOLS. // Louisville Magazine;Nov2015, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p79
A list of the public schools in Kentucky is presented which includes the Coral Ridge Elementary School in Jefferson County, the South Oldham Middle School in Oldham County, and the North Bullitt High School in Bullitt County.
- Flawed funding. Mulrragul#Davis, Andrea // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the protection of public schools from flawed school funding in Indianapolis, Indiana. Disclosure of the total amount for school finance; Proposal of a new formula for the budget of school fund; Decline on the budget of public schools due to the implementation of new formula.
- INTERNATIONAL REPORTS ON LITERACY RESEARCH: Brazil. Malloy, Jacquelynn A.; Botzakis, Stergios // Reading Research Quarterly;Apr-Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p270
Presents an international report on literacy research in Brazil in April 2005. Findings of a study on literacy acquisition in the country; Importance of the research to the increasing rates of reading difficulties in the Brazilian public schools; Problems associated with the education system in...
- AGE AND ATTITUDES. Rose, Lowell C.; Gallup, Alec M. // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr2003, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p633
Discusses the relationship between age and attitudes. Problems facing public schools; Grading of public schools; Propensity for change in the schools; Differences on improvement strategies.
- Reading Deficiency. // Education Digest;Feb1967, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on a study made by the Bureau of Educational Research of the New York City Board of Education. The study found that a majority of New York City's pupils read more poorly than do their counterparts throughout the country, and the gap is widening. The test results show that one...
- Institute Outlines 'Progressive' Policy for Families. Cohen, Deborah L. // Education Week;10/10/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that New Jersey educators seek effective use of the urban schools' huge funding increases. The state officials are setting up mechanisms to guarantee that the money is spent effectively. Meanwhile, urban educators are exerting efforts to decide which of their schools' many...
- Times were when. // Education Journal;Feb2005, Issue 83, p11
Presents an excerpt from a letter to the "Lincolnshire Chronicle" published in the November 21, 1856 concerning the provision of education, through village day schools, in Hibaldstow.
- FEDERAL SCHOOL FUNDS. // America;4/2/1938, Vol. 58 Issue 26, p613
The author reflects on the recommendations to the federal school funds in the U.S. He argues the anathema in which the recommendations hurl against Federal control of the local schools. He adds that they do not question the sincerity of those who launch these anathemas, but they merely ask how...
- COLLABORATING FOR STUDENT SUCCESS. Cryer, Glynda C. // Education;Fall2002, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p130
In the initial stages of the school reform movement, little, if any, attention was focused on the major leadership and collaborative role that professional school counselors play in ensuring the success of children. This article focuses on Memphis City Schools' efforts to provide more...