Erie County IDA to Sell $315 Million for Buffalo, N.Y., Schools
- Late Summer Lethargy Continues As Municipals Finish Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond secondary market in the U.S. Observation that buyers were not aggressive enough in the first part of the session to push bond prices higher; Contribution of the longstanding underperformance of short-dated Treasuries to the weakness in tax-exempt...
- Denver Schools See Savings Ahead With $91M Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p30
Reports on the structure of the general obligations refunding bond deal of Denver Public Schools in Denver, Colorado. Advantage the district will get from the deal; Status of the transactions' pricing; Present-value savings for the deal.
- Takeover of Philadelphia School District Puts $300 Million Deal on Horizon. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31292, p44
Reports on takeover of Philadelphia School District by Pennsylvania thereby placing a multi-million dollar sale of tax-exempt debt. Reason behind the takeover; Contribution of an additional multi-million dollar for five years by the state; Role of school reform commission in the takeover.
- Munis Finished Mixed, But Still Outpace Treasuries; MOB Climbs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p2
Reports the drop of government bond prices worldwide. Reason for the decline of bond prices; Continuance of investor selective purchase of bonds to help the market out-perform treasuries; Amount of free tax bonds in the Hawaii Airport System.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p43
Presents charts depicting the bond market statistics in the United States as of July 2001. Assessment of market indicators; Tax-exempt yields; Prices of bonds and securities; Municipal bond index update.
- LAUSD Commands Calendar With New-Money, Refunding Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p31
Focuses on the negotiated pricing of the Los Angeles Unified School District general obligation offering in California. Demand for primary market deals; Factors affecting the prices of the bonds; Firmness in the overall market.
- School Funds OK'd. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;6/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31904, p35
Reports on the approval of the voters to a school funding initiative that would ease property taxes in Maine. Provisions of the initiative; Estimates on the cost of the plan.
- Texas ISDs Crowd Market With Slew of Deals. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p1
No abstract available.
- NEW YORK: Bethlehem Schools Set Deal. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32671, p9
The article reports on the plan of Bethlehem Central School District in New York to competitively sell $29.4 million of tax-exempt bonds to finance various capital projects. The serial bonds will be sold in two series, Series 2007A for $8.4 million that will mature in 27 years and Series 2007B...