Hitting the Ceiling in Texas
- Alabama School Agency Set to Sell $324M of Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/10/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33129, p4
The article reports that the Alabama Public School and College Authority (APSCA) is preparing to enter the bond market with $324.4 million of refunding and new capital improvement bonds. Proceeds of the $284.8 million of Series 2009A bonds will be used to refund the outstanding Series 1998 bonds...
- Alabama Education Agency Selling $106 Million Double-A Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31782, p36
The Alabama Public School and College Authority on Wednesday brings to market $106 million of capital improvement and economic development and training bonds in a competitive, double-A rated transaction. The proceeds will be used to repair storm-damaged public schools in three counties, to...
- Forsyth Saga. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the sale of about 33 million dollars of general obligation bonds in Forsyth County, North Carolina. 23 million dollars of the offering will go to schools and the remaining debt will be public improvement bonds for capital projects in the United States. School bonds will...
- VIRGINIA: VSPA Dealing for Schools. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;4/17/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32836, p9
The article reports on the plan of Virginia Public School Authority to competitively issue $138.2 million of Series 2008 school financing bonds in Virginia. Proceeds will be used to purchase local school general obligation bonds issued by participating cities and counties for various capital...
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p36
Reports on bond deals in the Northeastern States, compiled as of August 30, 2004. State general obligation economic recovery notes; District general obligations; EDA cigarette bonds; EDA school bonds; EFA pooled financing program; Commonwealth general obligations.
- Colorado Senate Approves Pledge for Charter Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p4
The article reports on the approval of the plan of the Colorado Senate to double the amount of charter school debt that can be guaranteed by the state's moral obligation pledge. Proposals to prohibit the issuance of non-investment-grade toll revenue debt and to issue tobacco revenue bonds remain...
- Virginia School Agency Readies QSCBs Under New Program. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p5
The article reports that the Virginia Public School Authority plans to sell its direct-pay, qualified school construction bonds worth 73.2 million dollars, using them under the federal subsidy interest-rate option in Virginia.
- Chicago Public Schools $875M Bond Deal Pulled. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34451, p1
The Chicago Public Schools confirmed on Wednesday that its $875 million bond deal has been pulled and placed on the day-today calendar.
- You Have to Fight for Good Schools. Butterworth, Edward L. // Education Digest;Dec1958, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p32
The article relates an experience of being a school board member in Arcadia, California. The public-school systems in the U.S. must periodically stake their survival on the willingness of citizens to vote for school bonds or tax increases. He argued that a number of organizations have names...