Turning on the Heat
- Untethered possibilities: Living in a wireless world. Grimes, Rob // Nation's Restaurant News;08/17/98, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p40
Focuses on smart cards and various electronic devices that demonstrate some of the uses of wireless technology and the possibilities they generate for innovative uses in food service applications. Lovegety gadget that helps users in Japan find romantic partners; Motorola's Iridium satellite...
- Equipment Products. // Restaurant Business;08/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 16, p120
Provides information on different foodservice equipment and related products. Upscale disposable glassware; Induction cookers; Paging systems; Conveyor toasters; Ice dispensers.
- Work permits. Durocher // Restaurant Business;12/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p71
Recommends labor-saving technology for the food service industry in the face of labor supply shortages. Includes hand tools to speed up food preparation; Countertop trunnion kettles to heat up soup; Single-purpose lettuce cutter.
- Equipment products. // Restaurant Business;12/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p73
Features equipment products with application to food service. Includes Picnic #5 Structure Pocketknife from Richartz; Two-sided cooking grills from Taylor; Chilly Stix reusable freezer packs that fit on the inside wall of beverage pitchers.
- Effective foodservice equipment must be user-friendly and fit the work environment. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;01/01/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the importance of user-friendly products in the foodservice industry that are logical to operate and interface well into their customers' environment. Examples of foodservice equipment that are difficult to operate; Presence of opportunities for a product revolution with commercial...
- Equipment Briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p18
Presents news briefs related to the food service equipment industry in the United States, as of November 23, 1998. Includes Maxwell Chase Technologies LLC's receipt of a patent for food packaging technology; T&S Brand & Bronze Works Inc.'s use of the Internet to promote its products; Middleby...
- Equip for the menu. Major, Meg // Progressive Grocer;6/1/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p72
Presents tips for food retailers when acquiring foodservice machinery. Common stumbling blocks retailers encounter when negotiating equipment packages; Importance of conducting a thorough menu analysis before purchasing equipment; Key pieces of equipment recommended.
- More for your buck: Manufacturers need to show potential buyers better value. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p26
Discusses the need for commercial food service equipment manufacturers to offer potential buyers better value for their products. Huge price disparity between residential and commercial models of kitchen equipment; Restaurant operators' complaint about high-priced kitchen tools and equipment...
- Store Fixtures and Display. Moran, Michelle // Gourmet Retailer;Aug2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p56
Reports on the use of food store fixtures and displays in merchandising. Impression of the store; Uses of vendor programs; Creation of a unique experience for the customer.