Hot and Healthy
- Java on the rocks: Cool ideas keep iced coffee cold and drink sales in the black. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;8/23/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 34, p52
Reports on the trend for restaurant operators to offer iced coffee which competes with soda and other cold drinks as a mainstream beverage. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's offer of cold beverages prepared with milk or ice-blended coffee drinks like smoothies; Percentage of sales generated by the...
- GMCR, International Coffee & Tea sign multi-year agreement. // Beverage Industry;Jul2013, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p9
The article reports that Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (GMCR) sign a multiyear agreement with International Coffee & Tea LLC for the availability of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf brand K-Cup packs for the Keurig single-cup brewing system.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/8/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p36
Reports on developments relating to the food service sector in the United States as of March 2004. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf's introduction of its first iced green-tea beverage as part of its spring lineup; the Art Institute Online's offering of a bachelor's degree in culinary management.
- Coffee Bean brews higher profile in deal with Ralphs markets. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;1/23/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the agreement between Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and Ralphs Grocery Co. that would allow the coffeehouse to open full-service cafes in the grocery stores in California. The deal calls for the opening of 24 cafes over a three-year period. The new cafes in stores will replace 11...
- The heat is now on the high street to compete. // Vending International;Sep2011, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on the growing trend and robust sales for hot beverages in England. It notes that the growth will be driven by fresh coffee and freeze-dried instant coffee with focus on quality and flavour. It states that other beverage products like tea will be driven by niche...
- Two-tier bidding system aids university purchases. // Management Review;Jan79, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the use of two-tier bidding system to streamline the purchasing procedures at the University of California in Los Angeles. Advantages of the system; Price bidding for a single small-volume order and for a single large-volume order.
- WHY CAFFEINE CAN'T BE BAD FOR YOU. L. B. S. // Los Angeles Magazine;Jun2013, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p48
The article offers information on the coffee brewing company International Coffee & Tea LLC has announced June 27 as the as Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Day in Los Angeles, California.
- Bean Count. Ito, Robert // Los Angeles Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p40
Compares the number of Starbucks Coffee Co. coffeehouses with that of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffeehouses in Los Angeles, California as of 2001.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf(R) to Open 20 Stores in Nevada. // Gourmet Retailer;Jun2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the plans of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf to open twenty stores in Las Vegas, Nevada. Target market of the stores; Company operation; Insights on the long-held policy of company-owned stores.