- GUILT-FREE comfort food. Zacharia, Joy E. // Southern Living;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p156
Offers ideas for preparing healthy comfort food. Planning a menu around fresh vegetables instead of meat; Selection of food from all food groups; Recommended recipes.
- UP FIRST. Karol, Lawrence // Gourmet;Dec2006, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p34
The article features the comfort food, French onion soup. This dish is often featured on restaurant menus during the Christmas holidays and is easy to prepare. The key ingredient is patience. The soup requires gradual cooking of the onions, slowly coaxing the sweetness out as they melt and turn...
- HOME STYLE. Harder, Jaime // Restaurant Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 20, p58
Comfort food has been a constant, well, comfort on menus. But with tastes for global cuisine growing broader, once exotic dishes like Pad Thai are now considered just as popular in some quarters as Mom's Meatloaf. Seeking to attract guests, ethnic restaurants are looking to soothe souls with...
- Healthy Recipes for Lent. // La Prensa San Diego;2/15/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p10
The article presents several Lenten recipes including Cod Moroccan-Style with Mango-Carrot Slaw, Warm Halibut Potato Salad, and Salmon Penne with Green Beans Vinaigrette.
- Groundswell Cafe: DTES cafe with a large heart. Diana // South Asian Post;8/20/2015, p5
No abstract available.
- Senior Citizens menu slated for May 7- May 9. // Breckenridge American;5/7/2008, p2
The article offers information on the menu provided by the Breckenridge Senior Citizens Center in Texas from May 7-14, 2008. The menu for May 7 will include Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard, Macaroni and Cheese, and Sweet Peas. On May 9, there will be Chili Dogs on a Bun, Fritos, and Baked...
- Groundswell Cafe: DTES cafe with a large heart. Diana // Filipino Post;8/20/2015, p5
No abstract available.
- Special bean recipes. Anderson, James W. // Diabetes in the News;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p50
Presents three bean recipes for diabetics. Bean spread; Red bean lasagna; Bean-corn salad.
- Baked Bean Melts. // Medical Update;Aug95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
Presents a health recipe using vegetarian baked beans. Ingredients; Food preparation; Nutritional information.