Southeast struggles through stormy season
- Go small, grow quick. Whittingham, Jo // Garden;Mar2013, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p61
The article focuses on quick-to-harvest vegetables. It cites several benefits of planting such vegetables which include the productive use of space, lesser possibility of pest and disease damage and harvest of sweet and tender young crops. It stresses the importance of ensuring the best growing...
- A Walk Through the Late Summer Garden. Vivian, John // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep99, Issue 175, p76
Features techniques on how to grow plants and prolong their productivity. Tips on watering of plant soil; Ways of harvesting tomatoes; How to cut broccoli plants; Hints on pole beans harvesting; Options on preserving excess harvested vegetables.
- Plant veggies now for fall harvest. // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/12/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 13, special section p3
Offers tips in planting and harvesting vegetables. List of vegetables and varieties which could be replanted for a fall harvest; Vegetables that can be grown in containers; Organic remedy for grasshoppers.
- Clippings. French, Jackie // Australian Women's Weekly;Nov2012, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p262
The article offers tips on gardening. It discusses the benefits of gardening including daily harvesting of vegetables, enhancing and relaxing the mood due to green scenery, and doing workout by planting, picking, and mowing to treat health problems. Stargazer Joanne Madeline Moore suggests that...
- Okra by the Bushel. Reed, Brenda H. // Texas Gardener;May/Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p18
Presents tips for gardeners on planting and harvesting okra. Soil temperature appropriate for planting okra; Origin of okra; Details of how to control insects that plague okra; Information on the different varieties of okra; Ways of harvesting okra. INSET: RECIPES.
- GROW GARLICâ€¦NOW! // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Oct2008, Vol. 32 Issue 202, p12
The article presents tips on growing garlic. It notes that garlic does best if planted the year before it is harvested. It advises to plant cloves six inches apart, pointed end up, about half an inch beneath the surface of the soil. It describes several types of garlic and discusses the process...
- WE HEAR YOU. Kallend, Kathleen; Freeman, Victoria; Brodie, Deb; Simmons, Earl; Petersen, Nancy; Diaz, Paula; Streeper, Brian; Todd, Jessica; McKee, Abigail; Corridoni, Linda; Wiese, Betty; Nelson, Carey // Organic Gardening;Apr/May2013, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Tools for Newbies," in the December/January 2013 issue, "Spring's Sweet Harvest," and "Room to Grow" both in the February/March 2013 issue.
- potato culture. Stewart, Angus // Australian Table;Jun2004, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p140
Offers tips on planting potatoes. Ways to enhance the crop; Details of the no dig method of planting potato; Tips on potato harvesting.
- ALL ABOUT GROWING PEPPERS. Pleasant, Barbara // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2010, Issue 238, p22
The article discusses the different kinds of pepper and how to cultivate them. There are many types of pepper including the sweet bell peppers, the specialty peppers such as pimentos and frying peppers, and the specialty hot peppers such as jalapeï¿½os, cayennes, and habaneros. All the...