Meals up in the Village
- Just in Time for the Holidays... // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on University of Georgia Food Services department's creation of a cookbook featuring the best catering recipes of its holiday luncheons. Showcase of the culinary talents of the catering staff at the Athens, Georgia-based university; Price.
- NEW PARTICIPATION STRATEGY: U-Georgia lures commuters. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Reports that the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia is luring non-resident students back onto campus for dinner by offering parking lot validation to boost meal plan participation. Number of students that participated in the program; Cost of parking; Promotion of the program.
- The Niche Fills Niche for New UGA Campus. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p17
The article focuses on the opening of the Niche all you-can-eat dining hall at the University of Georgia in Athens (UGA) which attracts students from the main campus because of its cozier dining atmosphere.
- Georgia's res hall pizza concept migrates to retail. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/20/2016, p2
The article reports that the University of Georgia in Athens (UGA) has created the Niche Pizza Co., a hearth oven pizza concept, in its renovated Bulldog CafÃ© food court in the Tate Student Center.
- The Menu that Roared. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p30
National Association of College and University Food Services' (NACFUS) prestigious Loyal E. Horton Awards Competition takes the measure of the country's finest college dining programs. Ashland University, a private school nestled in Ohio's rural Amish community, surprised more than a few...
- UM-Flint to Start Dining Program. // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the initiation of an on-campus dining program to complement new student housing by the University of Michigan in Flint, Michigan. An initiative that will require students living in the new residence hall to purchase a $1,300 a semester meal plan was approved by the...
- A New Campus Landmark. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p72
The article features the Gorecki Dining and Conference Center at Saint Benedict College in Saint Joseph, Minnesota. The facility is the result of the of a desire by the school for a modern dining space that accommodates the tastes and schedules of modern students. The seating area is described....
- Working the Brands. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p42
The article focuses on the foodservice brands at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The concepts, such as Pepperazzi and Mongo Bongos, are time-tested proprietary brands that Parkhurst Dining Services brought to campus in response to students' requests for fresh made-from-scratch...
- STAFF TAKE THE STAGE: Stanford Univ. wows students with pop & sizzle foodservice. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p46
Deals with the renovation of Stern Dining Hall at Stanford University in Stanford, California. Factors responsible for the popularity of Stern Dining Hall; Details on its food service stations; Renovation cost; Menu offerings; Meal plans.