Storms cloud forecast
- Tropical storms pummel Southeast. Hollis, Paul L. // Southeast Farm Press;8/3/2005, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p7
The article reports that two major storms--Tropical Storm Cindy and Hurricane Dennis--hit parts of the lower Southeast from July 4 through July 10, 2005 causing crop damage in Alabama, Florida and Georgia. In mid-July, farmers were still in the process of assessing the full effects of Hurricane...
- Eastern North Pacific Hurricane Season of 2000. Lawrence, Miles B.; Avila, Lixion A.; Beven, Jack L.; Franklin, James L.; Pasch, Richard J.; Stewart, Stacy R. // Monthly Weather Review;Dec2001, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p3004
There were 11 tropical storms, 6 hurricanes, and 2 tropical depressions during the 2000 eastern North Pacific hurricane season. Two tropical storms made landfall in Mexico.
- THE FURIOUS STORM. O'Hanlon, Larry // Science World;10/18/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p20
Deals with the vulnerability of New Orleans, Louisiana to storms, hurricanes and floods. INSETS: COASTAL DEFENCES Going, going, gone?;NEW ORLEANS city under siege?;HOW HURRICANES FORM.
- Chart Smart. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;9/8/2006, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p8
A quiz concerning the rating method of hurricanes and storms is presented.
- Taken by Storm. // Scholastic DynaMath;Sep2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p10
A quiz related to storms and hurricanes is presented.
- One big blow after another. // Christian Science Monitor;1/2/96, Vol. 88 Issue 25, p8
Reports about nineteen storms in the US during 1995 and a satellite photograph of the Hurricane Humberto.
- Storms Sweep South. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/18/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p2
Focuses on hurricane Lili that sweeps the U.S. Information on hurricane; Most threatening part of a hurricane.
- AccuWeather forecasts active Atlantic hurricane season. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;5/15/2013, p8
The article reports on the 16 named tropical storms, eight hurricanes and four major hurricanes expected by AccuWeather.com's long-range team for the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, which is expected to see stronger storms than those seen in 2012.
- Side lights. // Current Events;12/4/98, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p2
Provides information concerning hurricanes in the United States. Five classifications of hurricanes; Worst weather disaster that hit the United States.