Internet is becoming integral disclosure tool, say panelists
- San Francisco plans 3 deals worth $147M. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p2
Reports that San Francisco, California plans to raise $147 million in three municipal bond deals between May and June, 1999 for housing and other purposes.
- West Virginia Housing Fund Considers Another Sale in 2001. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p40
Reports on the West Virginia Housing Development Fund's plan to competitive issue revenue bonds in summer 2001. Amount of bonds to be issued; Plans to offer loans to families to purchase homes at lower interest rates.
- Study Shows Speedy Prepayment Trend Continues in Sunbelt States. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p5
Highlights the results of the report 'State Prepayment Differentials Revisited,' by Kurt van Kuller, director of municipal research at Merrill Lynch & Co. Trend toward faster prepayments of single-family mortgage revenue bonds in Sunbelt growth states; Fast paying and slow-paying states.
- Muni Prices End Weaker; $1B LIPA Deal Hits the Screens. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/15/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds finished weaker on Thursday, traders said, as a $1 billion deal from New York's Long Island Power Authority came to market along with a $748 million offering from Hawaii.
- Internet use could facilitate release of muni market data. Cohen, Jodi // Bond Buyer;11/18/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30275, p8
Suggests the use of the Internet as a way to disseminate information in the municipal bond market industry in the United States. Comparison of the attitude of municipal bond issuers working in primary versus secondary markets; Views of Ben Watkins, director of the division of bond finance in...
- Municipal market veterans expect larger role for Web-based trading. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;12/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30283, p2
Reports on the concession by longtime municipal market professionals that technology will play a large in the future of the municipal market. Reference to Pittsburgh's sale of $70 million in general obligation bonds through an Internet-based auction; Projected effects of this on the market;...
- Coldwater, Mich., deal to fund construction of cable, Internet line. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;01/28/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30319, p29
Reports on the release of municipal bonds in Coldwater, Michigan to support the construction of a cable network and Internet access system in the area. Estimated cost of the project at $4.5 million; Risks associated with the deal; Implications to the future of the telecommunication industry in...
- Municipals travelling further into Internet world. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30734, p4
Reports on municipal market participants' use of the Internet to gain access to information. Electronic mail and Web sites of participants; Benefits from using the Internet.
- Municipal Bonds Finish Up Firm In Subdued Holiday-Week Trading. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31542, p1
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. have firmed due to favorable sales trends in the housing market. Comments of economists from Morgan Stanley Inc. regarding the contribution of the housing sector to overall Gross Domestic Product growth; Details regarding average money market fund flows.