Hospitals entering uncertain future, suggests S&P report
- S&P: Hospital debt picture brightens. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;8/7/95, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p6
Informs about the fall in debts of tax-exempt hospitals in the second quarter of 1995 as analyzed by Standard & Poor Corp., a New York based credit-rating agency. Details; Different result obtained by Moody's Investors Service over the issue.
- Finance. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p30
Reports on Standard and Poor's Corp. review of credit ratings for hospitals in Ohio. Number of upgrades and downgrades; Advantage of hospitals with low cost structures.
- S&P: Hospital companies must look to costs. // AHA News;03/23/98, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p5
Presents information on a report released by the Standard & Poor's company on hospital companies. Why investor-owned hospital companies have enjoyed improved credit ratings; Number of hospital companies out of seven rated by the Standard & Poor's that are investment grade.
- FLORIDA: Broward Hospital Lifted to A. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p9
The article reports on the rating, increased to A from A-minus, assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to North Broward Hospital District's debt in Broward County, Florida. The agency said the upgrade reflected sustained improvement in core operations through general cost containment and...
- Hospital Lowered. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p43
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered the rating on the outstanding Series 2002 revenue bonds of Carson-Tahoe Hospital in Nevada from A to BBB-plus. Assignment of a BBB-plus rating to Series 2003A revenue bonds; Factors that were cited by Standard & Poor's for the lowered rating; Use...
- Two Syracuse, N.Y., Hospitals Downgraded to Junk by S&P. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p1
Reports on the financial problems facing Course Health Hospital and Community General Hospital of Greater Syracuse in New York. Decision of Standard & Poor's to downgrade the hospitals' debt to junk bond status; Bonds that were affected by the Standard & Poor's rating.
- Standard & Poor's projects financially brighter days ahead for NJ hospitals. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;08/28/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p7
Forecasts an increase in the funding budget of hospitals in New Jersey, according to a report by Standard & Poor's. Details on the budget and federal matching funds; Hospital benefits.
- Upheaval lessens value of ratios--S&P. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;1/31/94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
Reports on Standard & Poor Corp.'s annual update of hospital ratios. Financial rates in credit quality assessment; Need for consideration of other business fundamentals; Decline in operating and profit margins; Decrease in stand-alone hospitals.
- Downey Downgrade. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p31
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to downgrade the Downey Regional Medical Center's sub-investment-grade debt in California. Continued operating losses incurred by the hospital; Downgrading of the outstanding revenue bonds, which were issued by the California Health Facilities...